Part 1

- Madison’s point of view -

My eyes fluttered open to the sun beaming full force into my bedroom. This constant loud noise kept repeating itself over and over and over again just making my patience wear thin.

What the hell is going on? I though.

Getting out of bed, I made my way down stairs just to find my mom looking out the window probably wondering the exact same thing as me.

"What is that?" My voice came out tired and exhausted.

"I don’t know," She moved over to the side to try and get a better view of whatever was going on "It looks like someone’s moving in."

"Moving? At seven in the morning?"

"I guess so," She shrugged "I’ll go check it out later."

Nodding in response, I sat down onto the couch while looking at the blank television screen. I was so tired it wasn’t even funny.

Emma and Cameron had come over the night before and when they finally left it must’ve been around two or so, I couldn’t quite remember. We were just doing are usual Friday night hangout or whatever but somehow, we ended up all falling asleep right until Emma woke up shaking both of us awake in the process.

Emma and Cameron were my best friends. We had other friends who we usually hung out with at school but on a daily basis, they were the ones I really hung out with. There was also Sarah who I was pretty close to but nothing compared to either Cameron or Emma; they were my best friends.

Hearing a loud thumping noise, I closed my eyes in displeasure to the agonising sound that filled my ears.

Why are they making so much noise?

"Honey, do you want me to make extra coffee?" My mom’s voice suddenly broke my attention away.

"Sure." I breathed out. Normally, I wouldn’t drink any coffee but today was just one of those days; I needed it.

Getting back up, I ran up the stairs to get my phone. Once it was firmly clutched into the palm of my hand, I unlocked it and saw the numerous missed calls. I sighed not understanding why Emma was calling me so early in the morning.

Deciding on ignore it for now, I hopped right away into the shower just letting the hot water drip off of me.

These past few days had been rough and I was desperately trying to find a reliever for all of it. I always needed to keep my mind occupied or my attention on something in order not to think about it, I couldn’t. And showers, they always had the trick.

Once I was done, I blow dried my hair and applied my usual eyeliner and mascara. I then slipped on a pair of dark skinny jeans and a white tank top. It was casual and I couldn’t have cared less because at the rate that I was going, it didn’t matter.

My feet then brought me back to my bedroom grabbing my phone before going all the way back down stairs to where the smell of coffee filled my nostrils.

I looked over to the kitchen just to find an already taken out mug with everything I needed right beside it.

My mom is so nice.

She had been really supportive over the past months because she knew how hard it was for me. By now, it had been about three months and you would think that time fixes things right? Wrong. In my case, it just got worst and worst each and every day. I tried keeping my head held high but sometimes I couldn’t help but break down, I had to.

Taking the glass pot between my hands, I poured myself a good cup of coffee before adding the milk and sugar to it just making it change to a caramel colour. Perfect.

I walked back to the island and settled myself onto one of the numerous stools.

I better call Emma back, my mind pressed.

Quickly dialling her number, I brought it up to my ear as it rang good four times before finally, she answered.

"Hello?"

"Hey," I chirped "Why’d you call?"

"Are you ready?"

"What?"

"Are you ready" She repeated.

I knitted my eyebrows together not understanding why she was asking "I guess I am, why?"

Emma let out a small laugh "We’re going out with the gang. Can you be here in like an hour or so?"

I twisted my lips to the side thinking of the first thing that came to mind: distraction. "Yeah that sounds good, I’ll see ya later." I said before hanging up.

The brownish liquid that rested in front of me made small circles as I watched it with diligence but sure enough, it didn’t take long before it was all gone; only the smell of it still lingering around me.

I wondered what we could possibly be doing so early in the morning considering it was a Saturday not to mention that normally, people slept on Saturdays. But of course, I brushed it off not thinking anything of it, I didn’t care.

The next thing I did was brush my teeth and grab some money.

"Mom," I hollered going down the stairs "I’m going out."

"Alright, text me when you get back." I nodded even though she couldn’t see me before slipping on a pair of flip flops and heading out the door.

I didn’t really care what I looked like because here in Texas, it was hot. I knew for a fact that what I wore was typical and that’s why I didn’t really bother into putting much effort into it not to mention that I was only going out with my friends.

The sun almost immediately hit my face and soon enough, I was walking. Emma only lived a couple streets away and that was something of which I was more than thankful of.

My eyes soon traveled to the scene that stood before me where sure enough, a moving truck was parked right in front of it; it was the fourth house next to mine.

A confused expression then made its way to my face as I wondered for how long it had been on sale, I must have not noticed.

The closer I got, the more curious I grew. I wanted to see who these new people were and I knew that I was bound to see them considering I had to walk right pass the house.

I squinted my eyes trying to get a better view of at least something until finally, someone came out.

It didn’t take long before our eyes met and immediately, I was frozen. Chills ran down my spine and this big lump formed itself into my throat.

Shit, this can’t be happening.