Part 6

- Madison’s point of view -

"Why do you even hang out with him?" Cameron spat in disgust looking over to Robert.

I furrowed in discomfort not liking what he said because in all honesty, I’m the one who should be asking Cameron the exact same questioned because last I checked, I wasn’t hanging around with pathetic and completely rude people. "Because he’s nice."

"He’s always all over you."

"No he’s not," I protested "What the fuck are you on?"

"Nothing."

"Obviously it’s something, Cameron. We’re just friends stop imagining yourself things that never happened."

"I’m just looking out for ya, you never know." He shrugged effortlessly. Anger slowly rose within me but I calmed myself down before anything could happen.

That was another thing about Cameron, he was always so protective over me.

I remember when I broke up with my ex jerk of a boyfriend, he literally wanted to kill him. He went around school for days just holding back on giving him what he deserved because I didn’t want him to get into trouble but he, on the other hand, couldn’t care less.

He kept going on and on about how he couldn’t handle anyone who hurt me just to get away with it afterwards. In his mind, it didn’t make sense and he definitely wanted to fix that.

I loved Cameron with all my heart but sometimes he just needed to give me some space and stop being all over me. When it came to things like this, I didn’t like because he was often wrong, yes, often.

Once in a while he knew what he was talking about but other than that, he just wasted his breath and valuable energy.

"We better get to class." He spoke.

I nodded taking all of my books and closely following him to none other than English class. I was dreading what was to come because I didn’t feel like going to class, I didn’t even feel like being at school to say the least.

Sitting down, I sighed before the bell rang indicating the beginning of class.

Here we go.

* * *

"Madison!" My name was being hollered from across the hallway. A smile instantly illuminated my face once I saw who it was.

"Hey, what’s up?"

"Did you pass that essay?"

I laughed "Yeah, barely."

"Well at least you passed I mean, that’s what counts right?"

"I guess," I shrugged making my way over to my locker "It’s just English though, I don’t really care."

Nodding, Robert watched me as I threw my books into my locker "Why didn’t you come last night?"

Last night? Shit, last night.

"I fell asleep, sorry."

"It was kind of awkward, Cameron kept staring me down all night."

Taking in a breath, I shook my head not believing that he would actually go that far "Don’t worry about it, he’s just being a jerk."

"If you say so."

"I know so." I corrected, displeasure probably written all over my face. It wasn’t like him to act like this and I sure didn’t like it one bit. He knew better, he wasn’t twelve.