Chapter Twelve

Austin’s vision was tinted red after Sebastian, he had been in denial over how bad everything was now. He had no plan from the beginning, he had wanted to believe that it would all go away—even though he knew it wouldn’t until he did something. But now he had to fix this, fix everything or else.

                Up ahead, Austin made out Emily and Sebastian’s profiles as they ascended the stairs, passing students as they went back to their dorms from dinner—each one turning to watch Austin run after Sebastian. When he was close enough he found the two stopped, in front of them stood Katelyn Hartnett, her shoulders squared as she flipped her hair over her shoulder and stepped closer.

                “That’s far enough,” Katelyn stated as she walked, her hair was flipping behind her as she walked.

                “This doesn’t concern you,” Sebastian scoffed as his grip on Emily tightened.

                “It doesn’t concern the Malfoys either,” Katelyn snorted as she passed under one of the torches, her hair gaining a blue tint as she smirked. “Just let me see if I got this all worked out correctly, you have father issues. The Malfoys are somehow involved, you want to destroy Austin and gain…what is it exactly?”

                Sebastian’s grip on Emily tightened as he glared, “the satisfaction of ruining Austin Malfoy.”

                Katelyn scoffed, “just give up, Brown. You’re not going to win.”

                Sebastian turned to Emily, whispering something low in her ear, with a nod Emily pulled out her wand and faced Katelyn.

                From separate sides of the hall, Austin and Katelyn locked eyes, both shocked as Emily advanced on Katelyn, wand in hand.

                “I’ll give up when I’ve won,” Sebastian smirked.

                “What have you done to my sister?!” Austin shouted loudly, causing a few students from down the other end of the hall pause and look at the commotion.

                This wasn’t good, Austin thought, people would be coming down this hall soon...he realized as sweat broke on his neck. The red tint in his vision moving ever so slightly.

                Emily’s head turned and looked at Austin, the dead orbs that looked at Austin suddenly had life, “Aussie!” Emily screamed in pain as her limbs moved on their own, her eyes going back to the dull, lifeless orbs yet again as she returned to advancing on Katelyn.

                “I wouldn’t talk to her,” Sebastian commented, triumphant in his stance. “Those candies she’s been eating have a rather powerful ingredient that have major adverse effects.”

                “Emily!” Austin looked beyond Sebastian, Emily was fighting Katelyn, throwing spells silently—a trick taught by their father. “Emily! It’s Kate, you’re friend!” Katelyn shouted as she deflected a spell.

                “You do know what the Imperius curse is right, Hartnett? Did you know that you could make a version of that into a potion?” Sebastian was cackling, “Emily is basically a walking puppet now, all because the potion got triggered just from one little thing,” Sebastian looked at Austin, his shoulders squared as he grinned. “Care to know what the trigger was, Malfoy?” Austin’s knuckles were turning white, more students were appearing at the end of the hall as Katelyn was able to restrain Emily with a binding spell—causing her to fall to the ground in a heap. “Your dear little sister said: ‘sorry’ that single word triggered this.” Sebastian gestured with his hand behind him with a triumphant grin.