Chapter Sixteen

“What happened to my daughter?!” Fred and George cringed as Draco’s voice shook their front counter’s glass. “Oh, I’m going to murder him. I don’t care if Potter made me swear to never kill him. I’m going to fucking kill him.”

                “Now just calm down, love,” Hermione tried to reason.  

                Fred and George looked at each other, they stood at their counter, listening intently to the argument that was occurring in the book shop right next door between the Malfoys. Mainly to jump in if something were to happen to Hermione.

                “You want me to calm down?! Our daughter was hurt! Don’t tell me to calm down!” Draco was beyond furious as his voice rose.

                “Draco, you can’t just—“

                “I’m going, there’s no talking me out of this now. I’ll have Weasley’s head for this.”

                “Would you stop cutting me off?!” Hermione raised her voice to almost a scream, Draco’s shouts stopped. “If you want to kill any one kill Lavender, not Ronald. Ronald has nothing to do with this.”

                “What do you suppose happened?” Fred whispered beside George.

                George frowned knowing the perfect person to ask, “I don’t know, but we do know a certain sixteen year old who will explain all if we force him to.”

                “Fucking curtain, whose fucking idea was this fucking curtain?!” Draco seethed as he thrashed at the curtain before finally pulling out his wand and burning it.

                “Draco!” Hermione shouted behind him as Draco stalked past the Weasleys without a glance and out the front door, banging it shut and causing products to fall.

                “Everything alright?” George asked quietly as Hermione inhaled a deep breath and sighed. Even after all these years she still looked so very young, but standing in the light, George could see a few grey hairs sneaking through her frizzy hair.

                “It would appear Ronald’s son went and hurt Emily,” Hermione breathed.

                “Maybe we should go talk to him,” Fred commented while cracking his knuckles.

                “No, really if you want someone to blame. Blame Lavender Brown,” Hermione closed her eyes. 

                George nodded, when Lavender confronted Ron about the pregnancy, Ron denied it all—saying she was lying. Which was highly probable given past events. Ron didn’t want anything to do with Lavender, having said that she was a horrible mistake in his life that he couldn’t live with and walked out on her as soon as possible. 

                “Better go stop Draco before he murders Ron,” Fred sighed.

                “It’ll be a hell of a fight at least,” George smirked.

                The Three of them locked their shops and apparated to wherever Draco could possibly be, it wasn’t long before they found the two fighting in the streets of Diagon Alley. George immediately stiffened, his eyes drifting right down to the boarded shop that was his home with his wife before everything…

                “Hermione.” Fred commented and motioned to George.

                “Take him away from here, I’ve got it under control,” Hermione nodded, she touched George’s arm slightly before Fred took off with him.