Chapter Fifteen

Everyone kept their eyes on Austin as he paced the small room, Mark had figured out the spell that hit Emily and now they waited for Pomfrey to finish her work. Emily was spread out on a table, her dress draping the sides like a fallen curtain. From here Austin could see Pomfrey looking worried as she worked and looked over Emily's small frame.

The room was dead quiet, everyone was gathered-Austin, Mark, Katelyn, Gerard, and Rory-all waiting for the return of the beloved Malfoy daughter.

"What's going to happen to Brown?" Rory whispered as Austin paused in front of him.

Austin noticed Rory trembling, Austin put his arm around the smaller boy's shoulders. They'd always been friends, since their families were so close, and as they stood there in silence; Austin was reminded of his younger brother Scorpius whenever the two caused trouble and mum was going to find out.

"Brown was expelled after given veritaserum to find out the entire story," Austin whispered.

"Emily's fine...right?"

"Right," but even Austin was unconvinced.

"What was the spell that hit her?" Gerard asked to the room.

"A spell that makes the person appear dead, combine that with a concussion and it's rather nasty," Pomfrey explained to the room as she took a step back from the small girl and gave a small smile to Austin. "Your sister is fine, I've given her a sleeping draught which will wear off in the morning."

"Thank you Madame Pomfrey," Austin breathed.

"What's going to happen to her memory then?" Katelyn asked.

"Well, there are a few things really. She can still have those gaps when she wakes up but she can also remember everything that she's been blind to," Pomfrey explained.

"Right, thank you again," Austin smiled.

Pomfrey smiled before hurrying from the room. No one moved from the room.

"What does that mean for us?" Katelyn asked quietly.

"What do we tell Ryan?" Rory asked.

"Rory, go and tell him that Emily got hurt by Brown," Austin shrugged, "it's best not to lie." Austin glanced at Katelyn, "Emily still has that potion in her...we'll just have to watch her."

"I'll go find Ryan," Rory commented.

"How long have we been gone?" Gerard asked.

"An hour," Mark answered as he checked his watch.

"I could use a drink," Katelyn commented with a sigh.

"You could use one?" Austin snorted.

"What do we do with Emmie?" Mark interrupted Katelyn's comment.

"I'll take her to her bed and watch her, I'm all danced out," Katelyn offered.

"We didn't get to do that much!" Gerard whined.

Katelyn gave him a thoughtful look and smiled, "rain check."

"I won't forget that," Gerard said with a grin.

Katelyn laughed as Austin picked up his sister, she stirred very slightly as they left the room.

"Your dress looks nice by the way," Austin commented.