Chapter 4

Emma's POV

I pulled up in my yellow bug to Regina's mansion. When I was about to ring the doorbell, Regina was already waiting for me and answered the door. "Hello Emma," she said with a smile, and motioned for me to come in. "Follow me and I'll lead you to the guest room."

So Regina and I went up the stairs, past Henry's room to the last room at the end of the hall. "Here it is," Regina said as she opened the door.

It was a simple room, walls same as most in the house and a bed similar to Regina's. "Thank you so much again, Regina." I said, walking over to the bed. "Please, Emma," Regina said before she went to her room, "it was nothing." And with that, she left.

I got a lot of sleep that night. Well, after 2:00AM, I got a lot of sleep. Regina's guest room was so...welcoming. It smelled like cinnamon apples and the sheets were a soft silk. The blankets were slightly velvet and the pillow cases were silk as well. I could sleep there forever.

I woke up around 12:00 PM to the sweet smell of cinnamon rolls. I figured 6 hours of sleep would be okay for today, and headed downstairs.

"Good morning, Emma." Regina greeted as I drew closer to the kitchen. "Good morning, Regina," I said, finally at her side. "I thought you made breakfast earlier than 12?" I questioned. Regina was such a... what's the right word... punctual(?) person. It seemed odd she would be making breakfast so late. "Well," Regina started, taking out the plates for breakfast. "I knew you'd barely gotten any sleep, so I decided to wait until I thought you'd be awake so that you didn't miss out on breakfast." Regina out that last cinnamon roll on a plate and handed it to me.

I was a little shocked Regina would take time out her day to make sure I got food and sleep. I grabbed out for the plate, and said, "Thanks." With a smile.

Regina, Henry, and I all ate the cinnamon rolls together. It was felt nice, almost like a function, average, every-day family eating together in the noon. But the best part was probably the cinnamon rolls. They had an icing that tasted like whipped cream had a love child with vanilla. The cinnamon was so sugary, but not enough to off-set the goodness. And the roll it's self was so soft, I didn't even have to cut into it.

"Regina," I said, after finishing the last roll, "these cinnamon rolls are amazing. What did you put in them?" Regina smiled and turned to me from her chair. "Well, I always make sure that the icing is creamy, the rolls soft (I hate hard rolls), and I add a little bit of apple to the sugar/cinnamon mix." Regina smiled and I started to laugh. Really hard. "Of course. Apples." I said, using words to help tone down the laughing.
Regina and Henry were both shocked and amused by the episode I just had over apples. I couldn't really blame them.

Later I went home and watched movies with Killian. Usually when we'd watch romantic movies, we would hold hands and cuddle under blanket and... it would be great. Today when we did, I... I didn't feel anything really. I was happy to see Killian thrilled but, once again, I couldn't stop thinking about Regina.

At least I was thinking about her in a happy way this time. I had thought about how she's let me sleep at her house and how shed out off her day to make sure I had food and sleep. Regina was probably what was putting a smile on my face, not Killian.

I decided to take Regina up on her offer of being able to stay at her house again. I went there at around 8:30. Since I wasn't tired (except for of Neal's crying) I decided to sit down and talk to Regina to pass time.

"Thanks again for letting me stay, I don't know how to thank you." I said as we sat on the couch. "Emma, you've been there for me through all of this. And..., and not just Robin. You were there when everyone thought I had erased a year of everyone's lives. You were there when I was impatient in Neverland. You were there when Storybrooke was about to be destroyed and you helped me get is out of that problem. You were even there when Greg and Tamara were trying to kill me. Trust me Emma, this is the very least I can do." Regina smiled, which was very contagious, leaving me smiling as well.

It felt amazing knowing that I had brought this person happiness. This wonderful, sweet, caring person who had gone through every bad thing and deserved every good thing, but alway need up with sadness, was happy when I was around.

Regina and I talked for the rest of the hour about how I couldn't find a house and how I though I was loosing my feelings for Killian. Regina told me not to worry,and that all my feelings would soon be stronger than ever. We ended in bed around 9:00. "Goodnight!" I said, before shutting my door." Goodnight!" I heard Regina shout from another part of the house.

That morning I woke at a normal time and Regina had made simple toast.Yet she still managed to make it taste like heaven.

After eating, we sent Henry off to school and continued our last night conversations.

"I just don't feel it anymore." I said to Regina, in the topic if my feelings for Killian. "Well," Regina said, "it happens. Sometimes we think we love someone and then we... don't." Regina looked away from me and put her eyes towards the floor. I realized how this situation could be similar to her and Robin's. "Oh! Regina, I'm sorry for bringing it up. The whole "people losing feelings for someone they loved" thing is probably..." I stopped as I saw a year fall from her face. Then two. Then they kept coming. I knew words wouldn't help, so I wrapped my arms around her side and pulled her into one of our hugs.

After a little while I finally pulled Regina to look at me, our faces inches apart. It hurt me to see her like this. "Regina, talk to me." I said, holding back my own tears. "I loved him so much Emma and he left me." Regina cried, burying her head in my shoulder as the tears kept coming. I felt a couple of my own form in my eyes. They fell from my face as I pulled Regina up to speak to her again. "Regina, screw Robin. He gave you up and...," I could hear my voice cracking from the crying I was doing. "...and he doesn't care. Okay!? He doesn't care anymore Regina, and neither should you! Yes, he loved you, and yes, you loved him. But it's over now! Think about this, us, we are here. I am crying just as much as you. Why? Because I can't stand to see you like this. Robin doesn't care! He wouldn't be sad about this! But I do! I am! God, I care so much about you Regina that I just... I just..."

I stopped. The tears becoming a lot less frequent. I could see that Regina was taken aback by the words I had said. But she didn't say a word. And she didn't have to. Her face said everything. We spent a couple minutes just looking at each other, a tear falling from one of our faces every now and then.

I wanted at that moment to do so many different things. I wanted to get up and leave. I wanted to give Regina another hug. I wanted to make her smile again. I wanted to...

"I'm sorry for yelling at you, Regina. I just wanted to stop your sadness." Regina put a hand over my fist. "Emma, don't be sorry. I needed to hear that. I deserved to hear that. You were just saying the truth, and there's nothing wrong with that. You're right, Robin no longer loves me. But you care very much about me. And I care about you. I should move on from relationships for a while and focus on our friendship." She tiny smile pulled at her lips, causing mine to do the same.

"Regina, I need you to make a promise to me." I said, straight into my posture and setting the tone for a serious conversation. "What is it Emma?" Regina said, sitting up from having her hand on my fist. "I need you to promise to forget about Robin." Regina didn't answer immediately, but the brought her arm up, balled her fist, and stuck out her pinky. "I promise." She finally said, and I did the same as she. We had made an Anti-Robin-Pinky-Pact.