Chapter 7

Emma's POV

I can't believe I just walked in on Regina changing. Learn how to knock, you idiot. I thought to myself. Then I remembered something. Regina has seen me in my underwear before. Back when she hated me, and came over to bring me apples. I just repaid the favor. I thought to myself, and chuckled as I laid down and brought the blankets to my shoulders. Suddenly, my phone buzzed. Who the hell is texting me now? I thought as I reached over to grab it. It was a text from Regina.

R: Goodnight, lovely. I hope to see your beautiful face in the morning.

Aww. I thought it was adorable of Regina to text me something sweet before I slept.

E: Goodnight, Regina. I hope to see your beautiful face as well.

Once I hit send, I put down the phone and fell asleep.

Our words became true as I saw Regina smiling, looking at something on the couch. "Hi Regi-" I started to say, but got cut off by Regina saying "Shh!" and turning around to face me. "And good morning." She whispered. "Look." Regina pointed at Henry and Grace, who had fallen asleep together on the couch. "Aw." I said, making sure not to be too loud. "Oh I know! This is just- ugh. It's too cute." Regina said. I'd never seen her gush over something like this before, and I thought it was adorable.

Then, I decided to make a risky move. Since I was standing behind Regina, I decided to wrap my arms around her waist. I could tell she was at first surprised by my actions, but soon began to melt into my arms. "Our little boy is growing up." I said, resting my chin on Regina's shoulder.

Regina and I stood like this for a while, thinking about this little family we had. After a while, Regina took her arms and put them around mine, her hands grabbing my arms so that it was sort of a backwards hug. "I love this." She said, a smile growing on her face. "Love what?" I said, returning the smile. "This feeling you give me. A feeling of security, of hope. With you, I know I'll never be alone."

I was taken back by Regina's words. I never knew that I could mean that much to someone. It felt nice knowing this, knowing that I could help bring someone happiness. It felt great knowing that I could be the security in someone's world. Regina could clearly see my shock, and looked a little embarrassed at pouring her heart out all of a sudden. "Oh, I, um." She tried to find the right words, but before she could I turned to face her, grabbed her cheeks and said, "I love that I give you such a feeling of happiness." As soon as I saw her smile, I leaned in and kissed her.

This kiss didn't last too long, but all of our kisses had meaning, and this one was no different. I enjoyed it very much, and I could tell Regina did, too. After this kiss, we did our thing again. The thing were we stare so deep into each other's eyes, that we could almost see every little detail. I felt Regina's hands on my hips quickly return to her sides as Henry and Grace began to wake up. We both hurriedly got out of sight, not wanting them to know we'd been watching them sleep.

Later that day, I sat down and talked with Regina. We decided that it was time that I tell my parents we were together. We knew it would probably go well, but then again it could go either way.

I knocked on my mother's door once I arrived. She opened the door with my little brother in her hand. "Hi Emma!" She said with a smile. "It's nice to see you again!" She stepped aside so that I could come in. "You too, mom. Anyway, I have some news that I need to tell you. Both of you guys." I sad, looking over to my dad to tell him that "both of you guys" meant "my parents."

"O-ok." My mother said, going over to sit at the couch next to her husband after setting down Neal. "What is it, Emma?" My dad asked when I walked over. "Well," I started, but then my mind went blank. I could just say "I'm dating Regina" but I wanted to say something different. Something less blunt. "I'm, uh. Kind of, sort of, might be, dating Regina." I realized that I had closed my eyes while speaking and I had popped one open once I was done.

I could see that my parents were shocked. Why wouldn't they be, they had every right to be. But I hoped still that they would support me through everything. "Oh, Emma." My mother said, standing up to hug me. I smiled at her embrace, even more when my dad joined in. "We will support and love you through everything." She said to me, with my dad then adding, "That's right, sweetie. We will always love you." "I'm glad you guys are so excepting." I said, pulling away from the hug to look at my parents. "Of course we are. I hope you and Regina are very happy together." My dad said. After a few more words and reassurances, I headed back home to tell Regina the news.

As soon as I got to the door, I was rushed to by a very distressed Regina. "Emma! Oh, Emma thank God you're here." Once she reached me, she pulled me into a bear hug, which I hesitantly returned. "What happened?" I asked, very concerned. "The author and Gold. They have a plan to take us all away from here, and put us back in the Enchanted Forest without our memories, it's kind of like a reverse Storybrooke curse, but worse. And there's nothing we can do to stop it." Regina was clutching my shoulders and back, on the verge of tears. She wiped them away and moved to face me. "They put a protection spell on the shop, so no one can get in. Thankfully we have a few weeks until it happens, but it's still... I'm still." Regina began to cry, and understandably. She's lost everything. It's become a routine for her to loose the people she cares about. And now it's looks like she is going to again. "Oh, Regina." I said, pulling her into a hug that she quickly returned. I held Regina in my arms for a while before she spoke again. "I can't loose you guys." I began to stroke her hair, replying with, "You won't have to. We'll figure something out. Okay?" I felt her nod her head on my chin. "Okay."