»Tucker«

January 27th, 2015

Crack

Slash

Crack

A whip comes fast. It swings and swings as if it is on an unending loop. Pain ripples through my back. I turn to see the attacker. The face of Rina comes into my line of vision.

I wake up with sweat pouring down my face. I use my comforter to wipe it away and I find myself wide awake. I think of Avery and how she is doing. Is she having nightmares like me?

After we came home, Avery and I exchanged numbers so we could still keep in touch. I still get nervous around her. My palms begin to sweat more than my head as I begin to text her.

Are you awake?

It seems like hours before she replies.

Can't sleep either huh?

Not at all.

Did you have a nightmare?

She is very smart.

Yes...

It's okay, I had one too. I hope this isn't something that will happen every time I go to sleep.

Me either. Do you want to meet up somewhere?

It might make us both feel better if we go out somewhere.

Where can we go? It's like 1 am and it's freezing.

I have places. I'll see you in 10.

Kk.

I changed my clothes and put on a thick jacket. I slowly crept out of the house. If my mom saw me, she would not let me leave her sight. I close the door quietly and walk over to Avery's house. She comes out her door as soon as I start walking down her driveway.

"Hey." I say.

"Hey Tuck." She smiles and I grab her hand.

"Where are we going?"

"It's a surprise." She huffs in annoyance and I just laugh.

"Has your mom been all over you?" Avery asks.

"She's everywhere I turn. I'm surprised she hasn't been waiting by the bathroom door to wait when I get out of the shower." She laughs.

"Mine too. I'm surprised I actually got out of the house."

We walk in silence and I walk us to the woods by our neighborhood.

"The woods?"

"Just wait, you'll see Ave." I walk to this huge tree with a little house in it. I let Avery climb up the ladder first and then I followed. I opened the door for her and she went inside.

"What is this place?" Avery asks.

"My mom had my uncle build it when I was little. It's like a little place that I can go when I don't want to be anywhere near the house. It's my own personal tree house that isn't in my backyard."

"I wish I had one of these when I was a kid."

"You can come here any time you want to. I'll make you a key."

"I feel apart of the family already."

"You are." I grab her hand again and squeeze it tightly.

"When we go back to school, will this be real?" She asks.

"What do you mean?" She releases her hand from mine.

"Will you still treat me like this or the way you used to? Will you be the jerk I go to church with who makes fun of me?"

"Of coarse not."

"You say that now, but when you see your friends it will be a different story." She starts to climb down the ladder.

"Where are you going?"

"I'm ending this thing between us  before it hurts me more than it should." I go after her and grab her arm.

"What if I don't want it to end?" I whisper. She looks up at me and I swear the world stops.

"Who you are with me and who you are with them are two completely different guys. I don't want to be in a relationship with the other guy." I understood where she is coming from, but I still really like her. Even if we were in the situation we were in.

"Can we have this conversation again, but after school is back?"

"If that's what you want, Ave. Just know, it won't change the way I feel about you right now." I kiss her on the cheek and I start to walk her home.

When we reach her house she turns to me.

"Thank you for walking me home and getting my mind off of my nightmare."

"No problem." She then kisses my cheek, just as I had done to her. She walks in and I walk home.

~~~~~~~~

"Tucker?" Mom asks me.

"Yes?"

"You and Avery are both needed at the station for questioning. I tried to say you two aren't ready, but the faster they get your stories the faster they can catch her." I nod and we head out to the station.

We meet Avery and Espen out in the parking lot and we walk inside together.

"Morning." I say to Avery.

"Morning Tuck." She smiles and we walk inside.

"I'm Detective Christopher and I would like to speak to both of you separately." We both nod to him and Avery goes first. We wait for half an hour before she comes back out and then it's my turn. I follow the detective and sit in a chair.

"Thank you for letting no us know where the island is. We had officers head out there yesterday to see if the suspects were still there. Now, tell me everything that has happened to you since you disappeared." I told him everything. From the moment I was taken, to Axel helping us escape.

"Thank you for your cooperation." I walk out into the lobby and three officers run inside.

"They weren't on the island." They told the detective.

"What do you mean they weren't on the island?" Detective Christopher asks.

"They were gone, but they left a note on the door."

"What does it say?" The officers hand the detective a bag marked 'Evidence' and he read the note aloud.

"I WILL find her. Whatever it takes I will have her with me forever." I look at Avery and she instantly turns pale. I instantly become scared not only for her sake, but for mine as well.

A/N:

I actually updated pretty quickly. Which isn't normal, so be thankful! Lol

Please vote and comment. It gives me so much motivation to write!!

Thanks!

-LBB

VOTE
COMMENT
FOLLOW