»Tucker«

March 23rd, 2015

Avery and I became much closer since the night of our first date. Well, closer than we usually were. Our mothers seemed to be happy with our dating and friendship. If we ever went to each other's houses, they never questioned it.

I stare at the picture we took nearly a month ago and smile for an unknown reason. Avery is the light that brightens my day. Even though that statement made me sound like a girl, I don't care. She makes me a better person. She makes me want to do good things for everyone around me. She is just this angel that came into my life when I never knew I needed her. Nothing on this earth could change the way I feel about her.

"Good morning, Tuck." Avery says as she walks up my driveway. I shut the front door and smile at her.

"Morning to you too." I kiss her cheek and we start walking to school.

"Did you finish your AP Algebra homework?" She asks.

"No..." I trail off. She hits me in my shoulder.

"Ow! What was that for?"

"For not doing your work. If you fail, you do realize you won't graduate right?" She says seriously.

"I know. I didn't understand, so I didn't do it."

"It's called ask questions so you can get answers." She says with a tone.

"Why do you care?" I ask. I knew why, I just want to hear her answer.

"Because I care about my boyfriend graduating high school."

"Thank you for caring so much."

"You're welcome. Besides, if the class is too hard for you why did you take it in the first place?"

"Because I needed more points added to my GPA. I need it as high as I can get it and AP classes help pull it up, since it's weighted and all." It sounded smart at the beginning of the school year when I signed up to take the classes, but now I regret it.

"Just ask me and I'll help you. I've taken the class already and I know how to help you. There is nothing wrong with asking for help. Okay?"

"Okay." We walk into the school and head our separate ways into class. Lee and Lucas come up to me.

"Hey, Tucker." Lee says.

"Hey."

"We wanted to apologize to you for doing things you didn't want to do." Lucas says.

"What are you talking about?" I was truly confused.

"With Avery, and just trying to get you to be a jerk we all know you aren't." Lee says. Wow. They are actually apologizing. They never do that.

"This sounds like your mom made you apologize."

"She didn't I swear." Lee says with a laugh.

"Are you still mad at us man?" Lucas asks.

"You two sound like girls. I wasn't mad at you, I was mad at myself for what I did. I did those things, because I wanted to. If you two want to apologize to someone, apologize to Avery. She's the one that had to suffer through it." They look at each other and then at me.

"Okay we will during lunch." They walk away and I wonder how it will go at lunch.

~~~~~~~~

I didn't see Avery until the end of the day and we meet at the flag pole outside of the school.

"Two guys apologized to me at lunch today. I have no idea who they are though." She said as we started walking.

"Did they say who they were?" I ask.

"Yes, but I can't remember. I really don't pay attention to many people." This is what makes me like her so much. She doesn't pay attention to the people that give her grief or pain. She simply doesn't care what people think about her.

"Did you get a new assignment in math?" She asks.

"Yes."

"Are you going to do it?"

"Probably not." She punched my arm but I didn't mind.

"I'll help you. We can go to my house." Avery says. We start walking and I feel odd. Ever since the kidnapping, my senses have been on full blast. I'm always aware of my surroundings. I look behind me and see a van. Not just any van. The black one.

"Avery, don't panic." I say.

"Why?"

"Just keep walking and whatever you do don't look back." Most girls don't trust you and look back, but Avery didn't. She knew exactly who was behind us without thinking twice about it. I think we should go separate ways, but knowing Rina will go straight to Avery I push that thought aside.

"Just stay together and don't make any sudden movements. We don't want them to know that we know they are behind us."

"Okay, we can still look like we are talking about who knows what." She smiles and I laugh like she said something funny. We keep walking straight.

"Can we take the shortcut to my house?" She points to a sidewalk, that does in fact, lead straight to her house. It goes through the park. Witnesses.

"Sure." We walk on the path and the van stops. You could hear the screeching of the tires from a few planets away. I turn to see Rina and a big, hefty guy get out of the van and run after us.

"Run!" She ran straight to her house and I follow her as she jumps over a fence to get to her backyard. I go a different direction so they would both, hopefully, follow me.

And they did.

A/N:

You guys might be lucky enough to get the next chapter in a few days! I have it in my head how I want it to go, I just have to write it out.

Thanks so much for being patient for updates!! You're all awesome💙

Oh my. Only one chapter left, plus an epilogue...

Please vote!! It will make my day so much better!

-LBB

VOTE
COMMENT
FOLLOW