33

Alastair
I look at the bag in front of me. Basically, Paige's dress has ended up here in my office. The invitation cards have been sent, the decorations have been put up, the food has been bought and paid for; but I'm still not ready. But it's okay, considering I'll never be ready to marry her.
I've never been to Paige's house. Sure, she's called me quite a few times but I always decline. I shouldn't even go now, but I'm in the mood of a long drive anyways, so I'll just go and drop this dress at her residence.
I sit in my car and look at the little picture of a model wearing the dress piece posing. I imagine Grace in the white lace dress. The cloth would have draped perfectly over all her curves and she would have looked stunning. It doesn't matter now. I start the car and head towards her house. I drive fast, missing how Gracie would have shouted at me if she would have been sitting next to me. I drive until I reach her building. I go up the stairs to the first floor. The door is halfway open. Does she normally leave the house like that? I peep inside. There's no one, but the lights are on. Yes, the girl has a flat of her own as she does not live with her parents. I walk inside and figure out a room which might be her bedroom. It's open too. I quietly peep again.
The sight shocks me. Bile rises in my throat but I'm too numb to react. Paige is sprawled on the bed and her intern, Josh lies on top of her. They are kissing and his hands are raking all over her body. I feel a whole array of emotions passing through me. Regret, anger, shock, confusion, but most of all, betrayel. Regret, thinking about how I left my Grace for this hoe. Anger, because she has the audacity to cheat on me while clinging to me and saying that she 'loves' me. Shock, she's such a bitch, fucking her juniors. Confusion, why did she even cling to me then? Betrayel, the strongest of all, because even though I didn't love her, I didn't expect to be betrayed by her. All the people I had met in my life, they had cheated on me in one way or the other. My parents didn't want me, Stuart had a child with my girlfriend at that point of time, Sassy, Audrey, everyone fucking person I had called mine. Except for Grace. How I miss her. God, I love that girl.
But through all of this, my mind functions quite fast. I pull out my phone and snap a picture of these two in a compromising position. Picture clicked, I keep my phone inside. I slam the door open.
"What the fuck Paige?" I seethe, anger seeping out through the cracks in me everyone had made.
She looks so shocked and numb, I swear I feel like laughing. The evil laugh. Finally caught her. No way she could be loyal. She threw the poor guy off her and adjusted her clothes.
"Alastair it's nothing like what you saw." She pleads. She has the audacity to lie to me after I caught her two days before her wedding day and now she's lying.
"Shut up! I saw that. This wedding is off. I am breaking up with you." I sneer at her.
She rubs her eyes. Now trying to get the fake tears out. Josh sits on the bed, looking at the scene like a scared little rabbit. "It was a mistake, Alastair, please forgive me."
I just smirk at her. However the sad woman facade of her slips away and she menacingly growls at me. "Even you kissed that bitch behind my back."
"And I was ready to leave you after that, you stuck to me like a fucking leech." I snapped back.
She just glared crossly at me. She has no shame at all.
"Get dressed, we're going to your father about this." I say to her. Decision will be made right fucking now.
"You're not seriouslt doing this." She looks at me in disbelief.
"Oh yes I am. Come on quick." I sneer once again.
She goes to the bathroom and changes while the little guy outside on the bed gets up and scurries off. I can't really blame him. His boss is a hoe.
Once she's out, I pull her towards the car and we go to the office. Since I've found out her weakness, I exploit her completely on that. She can't even say anything. Poor bitch.
We come there and people move out of the way on seeing an angry me and a crying Paige. I storm straight to her father who fortunately is free.
"What's wrong-" he starts.
"Your daughter is cheating on me." I say and pull out my phone, keeping it handy in case she denies.
"Accept it Paige come on." I roll my eyes while her father scrutinises her. Her crying face is a giveaway.
"Yea I did." She sobs. So easy. Didn't even have to work hard on her.
Her father drops his head into his hands. "Alastair please, this will be a big blow to our reputation. Please don't do this."
"Sir do I deserve to be cheated on? Did I do anything wrong? I always maintained my relationship with her. Call off the wedding. I can't do this."
He shakes his head and glares at his daughter. "You won't leave our company right?"
"Ofcourse not. I know my loyalties." I say.
"Okay. You may leave. The wedding is called off." Mr. Roberts say and I walk triumphantly out of the room. Maybe he knew about his daughter's escapades. That's why he didn't put up a fight. Doesn't matter to me anyways.
Now for my Grace.
I call Ivy. "Listen where's Grace?"
"Oh Alastair, how are you?"
"Ivy please, where is Grace?"
"She's packing?"
"Packing? For what?"
"She's going to Seattle?"
"Why?"
"To meet one of her cousins. I'm so sorry, but her marriage is being planned."
And just like that, all my happiness comes crashing down.