TR19

One minute I was standing, the other I was flying through the air and the next I was crashing into the rock floor, because more pain was exactly what I needed right now. This better not affect me when I wake up. I lay there, in the rocks not even bothering to get back up again, why should I when all it would mean is giving a chance for that lady to knock me down?

Plus, these rocks were surprisingly comfortable. I look to the sky, which when you're lying flat on the ground is the most obvious thing to be looking at right? It looks so dark and gloomy, like there's a storm coming in and as another insanely strong gust of wind blows in my direction, I can't help but think that one, hallelujah I am not standing up and secondly, when it is going to be over?

I just wanted a night of dreamless sleep, minus weird ladies throwing ultimatums at me. I had no doubt I had made the right decision. Life without my friends wouldn't be the same, why have the fake alternative when you can have the real deal?

As the gust of wind calms down I feel somebody staring at me, knowing that it would be this lady I sit up to face her. I see the outline of her form the way she looks a young woman, beautiful and yet at the same time she still looks transluscent. She walks towards me slowly as if she has all the time in the world, which I suppose she does.

She sits beside me staring into my eyes intently, and I stare back mesmerised. In her eyes I can see the wind swirling around she has Grey eyes but different shades of grey, dark grey and light grey infused into the ball and the iris of her eye, different emotions

She cups my jaw in her hands, her talon-like nails digging into my cheeks and states, "You know not the pain that befalls you in your lifetime, happiness is very far away from you right now and yet you choose the noble choice. You are strong but the enemies against you are stronger and you are only human so for how long can you persist? You are my favourite and so I shall bestow you with a gift, however I am not so unkind to gift it to you without the warning that you have 100 days to find in this animal if not this gift shall turn into a curse."

Freeing my jaw she picks up my wrist and pulling up my T-shirt sleeve to examine it further, it passes whatever criteria she has, very slowly she brings her mouth to my wrist. Softly she places a kiss as a mother would to her sleeping child but this kiss is not as innocent as that, seconds after she removes her lips I feel a burn inside me. It increases in intensity until I can't stop screaming, it's all I can feel.

I scream until my voice is hoarse and finally with fire burning through my veins I drift into the darkness of sleep.

I came to, abruptly not sure if this was reality that I was witnessing or still in the dream world. In which case I wanted to go back to sleep and if need be, not wake up for a very long time.

I let out a groan as my body wakes up and I can feel again, all that pain hits me like a sledgehammer. There was one place hurting worse than the rest, my wrist was still burning, as if my flesh had been soldered.

"Anna?' A voice I don't quite recognise murmurs to me.

"Hmm," Is all I can reply.

Damon comes into my line of vision, I wasn't even aware that my eyes were open, the room was mainly dark with a faint light coming from somewhere. At least my eyes weren't being assaulted.

"You okay? Now that you're awake, I'm going to call the healer and I'll check on Jack but he should be asleep."

Moments later, I'm being bundled into strong arms, that are not Jacks but are probably Damon's.

"Can I ask you some advice? Do you think, after all this is over if I proposed to Layla that she'd say yes?"

Even in my pain filled state I know this is a major big deal and already, just by him asking me this, was I filled with complete and utter joy for my friend. It was awesome how we could even make such plans with each other. Life beyond this prison.