Prologue

Muffling a groan, I hesitantly opened my eyes and was greeted by the pitch black of the middle of the night. My clothes stuck to me, drenched with sweat as I soundlessly shuffle out of my bed and out into the dining hall. My feet take me where I need to go on auto pilot, despite the darkness.

My head throbs, threatening to burst as I stumble slightly loosing my sense of balance, a few more steps, I can do this. I regain my balance and forge on, the throbbing in my head increasing. I reach the dorm for the Vampires and fumble at the knocker.

I open the door and walk zombie like into their dorm. Most of the vampires would be awake at this time, nobody pays me any mind as I make  my way to the black room. After what seemed like an age I reached there and fall into the bed. Even though the Vampires mostly stayed up all night they knew how to sleep comfortably.

My head throbbed further as I slipped in and out of consciousness.

It was always like this, never has it been painless. I clutched my stomach in agony, as it felt like it was being ripped apart. A moan slips out and tears stream down my face uncontrollably.

It has never, ever been this bad.

I scream as ripples of pain shoot through me, these ‘nightmares’ always came with some pain, that I was used to. This, was a whole different level – I could just be dying. This room was pitch black, it was comfortable but one thing it was not was soundproof, I’m pretty sure everyone in the whole building has heard me by now.

Everyone knew I had nightmares but only one other knew them for what they really are.

If only they were really nightmares. I guess, in some sense they could still be classed as nightmares, they were terrifyingly confusing and mainly happened at night.

My thoughts scramble, as once again a crushing pain engulfs my body slowly, building up the pressure. I continue screaming waiting, no wishing for any relief even if that relief was death. Just as it seemed like my body would combust the pain dissipated as suddenly as it came leaving me with the familiar floating feeling.

Relief washed through me, it was over, the pain was over.

I felt myself being hurtled to who knows where, in the speed of light. My injuries seemed non-existent, the wind flowing through my hair, care free. I arrived on land that seemed familiar, certainly it looked familiar. Thick, black smog filled the air, only allowing me to see the outlines of everything.

I was being called for in the distance, but the voice calling me was fading moving further and further away. There was heat surrounding me and yet, it was not touching me, I was safe.

With a start I awake, something big was going to happen and it was going to happen soon.

 ***

So what do you think? First impressions? I wasn't sure if I wanted to do a prologue or not but it's here! Remember to vote and comment!! <3