TR20

Later on that night we were all back in the vampire wing, the meeting was to be held but only with all the leaders of each wing. We were just waiting for Thad to get here, the only reason I had managed to persuade Jack to hold it was by leaving him in the dark completely, which was easier said than done.

Now that they were all here, in front of me I suddenly grew nervous. I had no reason to be as the people around me weren't strangers, but I felt like I was in the middle of something big. That after this there was no going back, but really, it's a little too late for that now. We've been planning to break out for a while.

I shake off my unease and take a calming breathe before I start. I can do this.

"You were right Vlad, there is something up with the guards I know this is going to sound weird, but hear me out. It turns out the guards have been brainwashed, I'm not sure by who but someone very powerful. When they meet up they were chanting to get pulled into some vortex, I guess. Then they were reporting to him, that they've done something to the ships. We need to find them!" I state going off tangent.

"Whoever brainwashed them found out about me and tried to stop me from leaving. I'm not sure how I left, but one of the guards Noel, helped me out. He confirmed that they had sabotaged the ships and their 'master' didn't want us leave Arston. It was while I was leaving that I got most of the scratches and bruises. We need to get off this planet as soon as we can."

"I agree," Jack states and he gives me a look that says 'I know you have more to tell me,' "after breakfast tomorrow we all meet in the werewolf wing, then we split up and the techs will inspect the ships we have and the rest of us will split up to look for the others."

"We have four days left until our projected lift off date, do you all agree to push that forward to three and if possible two days?"

After a chores of 'ayes' Jack rattles off a few more orders regarding the the roles of each group that needed to be completed, things they already knew but were needed to be done faster, due to the new departure date.

We leave abruptly after and if anyone thought it was weird that no one said anything, probably knowing they would would be fruitless.

"Tell me everything," Jack demands as soon as Warren has closed the door.

"There's not much more to tell, after I had spoken to Noel which I still don't know how that was possible, I woke up back here. Then I must have fallen asleep again as I had a dream about this lady, she gave me a choice and when I said no she gave me this tattoo. I mean, I didn't know it was a tattoo but, yeah. She said I had 100 days to find this animal. I didn't even know Phoenix's are real."

"I've heard of that before but I thought it was legend, clearly not. I think there are Phoenix's on Earth." Warren mentons. I look to Jack, who's gone too silent again, the silence that means something more than he's not just listening. Warren seems to have made himself scarce after noticing the tension in the room.

"Jack?"

"I'm sorry."

"What for?" I question, confused.

"I'm supposed to protect you! And all you end up doing is getting more hurt!"

I'm taken aback by his outburst, but only momentarily, before I start ranting: "It was my choice to follow the guards a few nights ago, my choice to help discover this prophecy. It is not your fault that my dreams go a little crazy sometimes, it's not your fault for anything."

"Anna, don't make excuses."

"I'm not making excuses you are! Jack, this is not your fault, you've been awesome just sticking beside me and helping me recover from everything. You need to let me do things for me, these are my choices and my repercussions." By now, we're standing eye to eye, he's looking down at me with such an intensity there aren't even words for, for once I can see all the emotions he normally keeps under wraps, in his eyes, the love, the insecurity, the anger, everything.