The Betrayer

16:00/America/New York-Philadelphia/Brad POV

So today I got the greatest news of my life, I sort of knew I was always better than others (in every way) but this was a whole new level. Other people didn't mean ish anymore!!! It's too bad I'm not the only one who has powers. That little rat Ichisu had to come spoil everything, I swear if I'm not the unlocker because of him I will KILL him. Suzy is kind of pretty but for some reason she always takes Ichisu's side whenever we have an argument. Why doesn't she see I'm clearly the better choice? Well I'll get my revenge on that rat and get the girl; I'll see how he reacts to that. I used to go to a therapist, till I broke his nose, he said I have something called a superiority complex. I'm pretty sure it means I'm better than everyone else. "So how do I use my power?" I shouted over the racket of the van.

"Well it's pretty easy once you master it; all you have to do is have a lot of resolve. Imagine what you want the most then imagine that want turning into power. Then it materializes in the form of a weapon suited for you, in my case it's a sword but for unlockers' it can be anything they want so they can always have an upper hand." shouted Ms. Cynthia.

What I want huh? I want to... then think of it as a power, now, "Limit Break!" A blue light flashed before my eyes then I felt something heavy in my hand. It was two black pistols with red engravings on the handle.

*SCREECH*

The car jolted to a stop. Ms. C turned around hurriedly as we were jerked forward by the sudden stop, "Let me see those for a second." She said.

I handed the pistols over without a word. She read the runes on the grip, "No, this can't be true, it's not possible..."

"What's wrong Ms. C?" asked Ichisu

"This is one of the legendary gears, it is said that these guns were the ones that killed the first unlocker. The runes on these guns mean 'The Betrayer'." She said.

"Holy crap!" I thought to myself, this is so cool! I looked at Ichisu's eyes and I saw them flicker then turn back to his normal unreadable gaze.

"Now I can kill that bastard anytime I want to." I thought as I gave Ichisu a sneer that said 'I'm better than you'.

"Oh my God Brad that's so cool!!" said Suzy.

I blushed and said "It was nothing..." in a shy voice. Suzy was kinda really pretty; maybe if she stopped hanging out with that nerd Ichisu I'd ask her out, maybe.

Ms. Cynthia hadn't spoken at all after she told them pistol; inside she was greedy and jealous, she wanted the weapons to herself, silently examining them and fondling the intricate markings on the guns. The children were too caught up in their inner matters to notice that she was behaving this way.

"The Betrayer," she continued, "is a powerful weapon while wielded; these guns are dangerous to beginners and can be overwhelming. At the start of a limit breaker's bond with a summoned weapon the weapon may reject the limit breaker if they think he is too weak. In history only two people have summoned these guns (excluding you of course). One went crazy with the power and killed the first unlocker, and the second died because of the weapons rejecting him. Nevertheless it is a powerful weapon and will be useful on your journey to become a breaker." Said Ms. Cynthia.

I grabbed back the weapon from her and hopped out of the car. "I'm gonna go give this a test run." I shouted to the nerd as I aimed at an oddly shaped rock near me. I squeezed the trigger.

*BANG*

There was a flash of red, and then suddenly, everything went dark.

: