Chapter 16

It had been exactly two weeks since Evanee's agreement with Evan and she hadn't actually thought about his proposition. Well, of course she had but she did her best not to think about him or dating. Honestly, she regretted agreeing to his terms since she'd actually have to give him answer, but thankfully, she had been avoiding him.

The worst part of their agreement was that all of the boys didn't talk to her. Though, Evanee liked being alone again. Even if the boys did make her really happy at some points, she didn't exactly need them. The green eyed girl didn't need someone to make her happy, she just needed to do what she loved. And right now, that was gaming.

Another school day was over and done with, leaving Evanee some time to play some black ops 2, but her thoughts kept crawling back to the four reckless guys she once called her friends. They still sat at their table in the morning and at lunch, but whenever she passed by, they wouldn't acknowledge her presence. Even her classes with Jonathan, Tyler, and David seemed to drag on now that they didn't even seem to notice she was alive.

She had even directly apologized to David when they were in class since he was seated next to her, but he did nothing but frown at her and look away. Of course, she wanted to avoid Evan for certain reasons, but did that honestly mean that they all had to avoid her?

Giving up on playing, Evanee reached for her phone and called Evan. No matter how much she hated to admit it, she missed him; she missed all of them.

Once she heard the familiar click, she began talking. "Evan, I'm sorry about not talking to you for the past two weeks so I was wondering if we could talk over some coffee?"

"Listen, after finally getting some time away from you, I've realized how stupid I was to obsess over someone like you." That certainly wasn't the response Evanee had been hoping for. "If you haven't already noticed, we're kind of done with you."

What the hell was that?

Two weeks. It took only two weeks for them to get bored of her.

Maybe it was just my fault for ignoring him.

Though that was a stupid excuse. They had ceased talking to her two days after her agreement with Evan. It wasn't her fault that she thought she could be friends with a group of high class dicks.

But hell, did this get on her nerves. The raven haired girl couldn't keep still as she paced back and forth in her bedroom in rage. Evan had the audacity to get to know her, admit he liked her, and forgot about her.

It was only Wednesday, meaning she still had two more days before the weekend and in no possible way did she want to see any of those stupid, stuck up pigs.

Suddenly, the outraged part of her began to calm but something else had arisen in her heart, something Evanee didn't want to experience again.

Loss.

It was stupid feeling so inexplicably heartbroken over losing four friends she had known for such a short time, but that didn't stop her from letting tears roll down her cheeks as she slumped against her bedroom wall thinking of what she had lost.

This overwhelming feeling wasn't only caused by feeling betrayed by her so called 'friends', but also becaude it was the same feeling she had felt every once in a while when she thought of her parents. Nothing was worse than thinking of them and knowing she wouldn't feel their arms around her as long as she lived.

As her sobs echoed through the house, she heard a knock at the door. Not wanting to talk to anyone, she let the noise go off without a response.

"Evanee," the teenage girl heard David's voice outside her window. "Evanee, open the door please."

A small laugh escaped her between the sobs. David was one of the people who made her feel like this and he expected to be let into her house. Though, he didn't know that Evanee was crying by herself.

A sudden thump made her lift her head and turn towards her open window to see David standing there staring at her.

"Evanee," the Irish boy quietly said, seeing her crouched down on the floor with tear filled eyes.

He had honestly expected Evanee to open the door for him and slap him in the face after he had ignored her, but he was not prepared to see Evanee crying. Seeing her even tear up would be surprising since David had never seen her sad; she was so brave in his eyes.

He reached out to touch her, but she scooted away. "Don't touch me, David. Evan already told me what you assholes want and I don't need your fucking pity. So leave before I call the cops."

Even the tone of her voice was very different. It wasn't like the times she had gotten annoyed with them. This was genuine anger and sadness.

"You have to understand, Evanee. He's different when he's mad," David tried to excuse Evan's actions.

"I don't want excuses, David. He said the truth for him. Since you're here, just tell me what you want and then leave."

"Okay," David agreed, though he took his time sitting down across from her on the bedroom floor. "Evan texted me right after you had called him so I know what he said and I'm mad at him as well as myself. You're important to me. It was stupid to actually ignore you for him and I'm so fucking sorry."

In her mentally weakened state, all Evanee could do was cry even more as she reached out to him. Her arms wrapped around his stomach as she sobbed into his chest. David didn't resist holding her as she cried and he regretted every moment he spent ignoring her just for Evan.

--

Fifteen minutes of crying and five hours spent eating and watching comedies was all that Evanee needed. After crying and laughing really hard with David, she felt much better and began to realize she didn't need Evan.

"You want me to answer the door?" David asked. She hadn't even noticed that somebody was knocking, but she nodded.

Meanwhile, she got up from the couch and went to the kitchen to get some more kettle corn for a next movie, but she was met with a surprise as she came back into the living room.

Tyler and Jonathan were there holding a cake in their hands and smiles on their faces.

"We're sorry," they apologized at the same time.

Evanee, knowing that it was only Evan who had meant that he was done, forgave them instantly and threw her arms around them, doing her best to avoid the cake.

The four of them said what was needed and they spent another hour and half watching Pluto Nash and making fun of everything that happened while enjoying their cake.

----------

Filler chapter... I'll be updating again maybe this weekend. Vote and comment^-^

And as always, I hope ye enjoy (:)