Chapter 37

Stress was a common factor throughout all students in high school. Though, Evanee's stress level was at an all time high.

The sudden realization that her senior year was a few months from being over had begun to take its toll. It started with a few trips to her counselor, going over several options after high school and her grades.

Having all A's throughout her four years of high school and having all Honors or AP classes was a huge accomplishment, but Evanee knew that it wasn't enough.

She had regretted not participating in any sports or clubs this year, but it was her last year and she figured that she'd be able to finally relax a bit more. This was obviously not the case.

Knowing that it would for college applications, Evanee was in Key Club and Choir for her first three years. Then she had taken up dancing in sophomore year, which she had abandoned the following year to go into Swim. And even with that, she was still able to volunteer constantly and work part time at Starbucks in her junior year as well as taken pre-nursing classes during the summer.

Most students couldn't say the same, but Evanee couldn't help but worry. She was one of millions. Millions who could be chosen over her for their talents and grades and motivation.

"What do you want to do after high school?"

Evan looked up from his phone and furrowed his eyebrows. "I've already applied for a few scholarships in colleges nearby. I'm still trying to decide if I want to go into law which is a huge in each of the colleges I'm looking at or video games designing, which limits the amount of schools I can go to but it'd be worth it. You?"

He stood up from Evanee's desk and sat next to her on the bed, smiling when she rests her head on his shoulder.

"I've applied for a scholarship in a few colleges here in California too and I'm planning to get my BSN."

"BSN?"

"Bachelor's science of nursing. It'll take the full four years, maybe three if I work hard enough, but it's one of the best nursing jobs. If I actually get it, I can probably work at any hospital I want," Evanee sighed, wishing that this potential future plan would somehow work out for her.

There was a shift in Evan's mind and his body tensed.

"College won't change this right?"

There was a short pause, making Evan's heart beat fast. "What do you mean?"

He suddenly stood up, leaving Evanee in a weird heap on the bed. He began pacing back and forth, a bit similar to the way he would do when he got angry.

"I mean," he didn't stop pacing as he talked, "I mean that whatever happens in college, you won't leave me, right? I'm sorry. That was weird. I just-"

Evan took a deep breath and for some reason Evanee was fully concerned. This wasn't Evan. Of course Evan had his off days and moments where he was furious, but Evanee had never seen him stressed out. He wasn't like that. Most of the time he was pretty chill.

"My dad left my mom and I a few years back," he breathed out, his voice a bit shaky.

Taking his hand in hers, the raven haired girl pulled him back onto the bed so that they were laying beside each other.