Update One

Hello dear reader!

I know it's been awhile since I updated with a new chapter in "The Forest". The goal is still to release a new part every 1-2 weeks, but the past couple weeks I was hunting elk in Colorado, I was without my computer and, well, I'm a crappy thumb typist on my phone, especially when it comes to writing chunks of books. ;)

But stay tuned, because Tink, River and Terran are currently immersed in a dangerous situation that I'll reveal soon, probably in the next 2-3 days.

---------------

Also, I have received the following interesting question from a reader who e-mailed me asking...

"...why do certain sections of the book seem to be written more from Terran's perspective than from River's perspective?"

Am I playing favorites? Am I skewing too much of the perspective towards one character?

The answer is this:

A) There are many situations in which I need to tell the story from one character's perspective, so I simply have to choose a character. It would be "clunky" to constantly try to interpret every situation from multiple perspectives, although you will notice that, for example, in "The Water" chapter I delve deeply into River's perspective on a situation, written in the first-person.

B) Both River and Terran's characters are inspired by my own twin sons, and Terran, frankly, reminds me much more of myself when I was a young boy, and displays many of my own tendencies, both good and bad. So I feel as though I can empathize to his character most and describe his character's actions and thoughts best. 

C) Many other authors and books use the approach of writing in the third-person, but favoring one character's perspective more than others. Take, for example, one of my own classic favorites "The Lion, The Witch & The Wardrobe" by C.S. Lewis. Although there are four siblings in the book (Peter, Edmund, Susan and Lucy), the overwhelming majority of the situations are written from the character Lucy's perspective. Why C.S. Lewis chose to do that I am not entirely sure, but I suspect it is due to reason A) that I gave above.

---------------

OK, that's it! As usual, I appreciate your votes and reads, and also as usual, I promise that I read every comment and will attempt to reply to as many as possible...