2. Tryouts of Hell

Mihane POV
(In the gym - girls tryouts)

"Get ready!" Misaki shouts to all the girls trying out alongside me. "I'm the New Queen of Volleyball, Misaki Hoshina."

The few girls in the front of line quickly leave seeing Misaki come to the courts... I wonder why? I stand in front waiting for my turn and watch the girl in front of me stay and is the first to receive her serves. Misaki throws the ball in the air and serves the volleyball. The ball spins in quick rotation and the speed is to quick to the eye as the ball rebounds to the girl's face from the tremendous strength from that serve.

....It makes me regret my cocky attitude and the deal I made with Kunimi. I stand there with complete fear for my life. Just what did I get myself into....

(1 hour ago - after class)

"Riko join the girls volleyball team!" I ask her and she turns her head the other away.

"Ask Kunimi to join the boy's volleyball team first and then I might consider," Riko says and points to Kunimi.

I go up to Kunimi's desk punch my fists down his desk. "Kunimi sign up for the boy's volleyball team!" I order him with full authority. He takes his attention off of the boring book he was reading and frowns.

"Why do I have to sign up?" He says in a bored tone, "Go ask Riko to join isn't that enough?" He says and tries to re-read his book, but I stick my hands on the pages blocking the words. He clicks his tongue in annoyance and looks up my way just to see a big smile form on my face.

"All eyes on me," I tell him, "you have join the team Kunimi. Remember Kindaichi he's joining so you should too."

"No," he states again and shuts the book slamming my hands hard to each other,

"Ow what was that for!?" I cry out loud, feeling the pain of having my hands hit each other without any warning.

"I don't feel like reading anymore," he says and he puts his things away.

"That doesn't mean you have to close the book," I pout and rub my hands from the small pain, "Please join! I'm planning to join the girls volleyball team!" I tell him with a smile.

"Aren't you only joining because Oikawa is there?" Kunimi bluntly states and my face turns red in embarrassment... Was it that obvious?

Kunimi sees my expression and sighs, "you're not serious about volleyball anyways. You're just like the millions of girls who are going to sign up for Oikawa and have your heart broken later when you realize it's completely impossible."

I twitch in annoyance hearing his cocky words. "As if!" I declare. He acts like he completely know me, "I'll get in the team and I'll be a starting player too!" I shout. "You taught me a bit of volleyball last year anyways so I'm pretty sure I could beat all of those lame girls," I say with full confidence. "If I get into the team then you should join the boy's volleyball team. If I don't get in the team then I'll give up on him." I stick my hand out and grin at the idea of the deal. He looks at my hands and shakes on it... I'm not going to lose.

(Currently - Girls tryouts)

After seeing that girl easily fail from doing that receive.... I'm scared. I watch the girl try to catch the next receive, but the ball is far out of her reach and she falls when she tries to get the ball. "You have one more chance are you planning to stay?" Misaki shouts and the girl shakes her head as tears run down her face and escapes the courts out of humility.