4. Stubborn Child

Mihane POV
(Volleyball Practice)

The first day of official girls volleyball practice has come. I nervously stand beside Misaki, Riko, and Ino as we watch Yui bring the girls together to the center of the court. Today is the day to make a good impression!

"Girls gather up, these are the four new joining members for the team this year. Misaki Hoshina, Mihane Iwasaki, Ino Sanada, and Riko Nanahoshi." Yui introduces us to the entire team.

"Please take care of us!" The four of us greet the team.

"Along with these new members, I would like to say that Misaki Hoshina is going to be the vice-captain for this team," Yui happily says.

My mouth falls to the floor. Misaki is going to be a vice-captain?! Didn't she just try out for the team???

"Please take care of us!" The girls on team shout with a bow not questioning the decision made.

"Please take care of me too," Misaki gives a small bow down in response.

I examine her. She's polite like a princess. It's not just that, she's tall, skinny, pretty, athletic, smart, and seems nice.... How the hell is she a real person with so many good qualities?! She doesn't even notice the hot guys around her who are fighting for her love?!

To be so oblivious is amazing, but I'll be the one to swoop Oikawa away in my story and in real life.

"Oi Mihane stop staring and treat this person with respect! This is your senpai and the vice-captain of the club starting today!" Yui shouts in my ear.

I cover my ears from the captain's loud voice. "Sorry. Sorry." I apologize and turn to Misaki with smug look on my face, "You know Misaki. You're like a shoujo character from a manga with two hot childhood friends.... Scratch that. More like the perfect princess who has her two knights trying to protect you and at the same time fighting for your attention." I proudly point to myself. " However I'm going to be the one taking those hot guys away from you!" I declare. 

"Hot guys?" Misaki tilts her head in confusion much to my surprise. "I'm sorry to ask, but what are you talking about?"

"Mihane that idiot." I hear Riko mumble as she shakes her head in disappointment. I sweatdrop realizing my situation. Perfect princess, knights, shoujo. Crap! I sound like otaku who's in love with manga and fanfiction!!!

I mean it's not a secret anymore, but blurting that out is embarrassing mostly because she doesn't see it as a declaration, yet instead she's dumbstruck by my words. Damn it. My face flushes bright red seeing her clueless, expressionless face.

"S-Stop making such an expressionless face! It's digging a hole into my soul," I dramatically point and she blinks seeing the finger in front of her face," You better get angry because I'm planning to get Oikawa to like me! I'll take him away from you!" I exclaim with my cheeks still completely red.

She better realize that I'm her competition and acknowledge me! Oikawa will be mine!

"Mihane." A calm, yet very irritated voice called out to me. I flinch from the dark demeanor behind me. I slowly turn around to see the scary aura coming from Yui. "Mihane. Be quiet I'm not even done with announcements!" Yui angrily shouts and hits my head again.

"Tch," I click my tongue and Yui glares at me. I shudder from her piercing gaze and immediately shut up.

She turns to the entire team with a smile on her face as if she was never pissed off a few seconds ago. Scary. "In three days we will have our practice match against Date Tech. So starting tomorrow we will go through some intense training." Yui announces and everyone nods their head. Yui claps her hands. "Great! For today, we will warm up with the basics. Make sure you all look forward to the next few days." She smiles.