6) Kaze Supinā

Chapter 6 - Kaze Supinā {Madero}

-{}-{}-{}-{}-{}-{}-{}-{}-{}-{}-{}-{}-

Rusty, the seven members of the Nightmares, and myself were sitting awkwardly around a circular table. Sparrow was asleep upstairs, so she couldn't help fix the situation. "So, I'm Rusty and this is Madero." Rusty said, trying to break the ice.

"I'm Abel and this is Rio. Rio is the leader of our guild." Abel, who I recognized as the guy who had talked to Sparrow just before they disappeared, was the one talking. "This is Barron, Justin, Max, Simba, and Naru." He added, gesturing to the other five. I nodded.

"So, what happened? From what Sparrow told me, and from what I saw, you all just disappeared." I asked.

"You were there?" Abel asked.

"I remember seeing him." Rio confirmed.

"Okay, well, Rio and I were in the Beta test and set up a base here for the Nightmare's. I'm not sure why, but we got teleported here after hitting level five. We've been trapped in the town since then." Abel explained. I paused.

"You were in the beta test?" I asked.

"Yep, just the two of us though." Rio added.

"I don't remember you." I said.

"More likely you don't recognize us." Abel suggested. I nodded.

"That's true." I admitted.

"Listen, I wanted to thank you for getting Sparrow to us. We owe you big time." Rio said after a moments pause. I shrugged.

"Don't worry about it. Sparrow's done us some good too." I said.

"Hey, Madero, I'm going to bed." Rusty said as he stood. I nodded.

"Alright." I nodded.

"Don't stay up to late. We've got to start looking for the boss room tomorrow." Rusty reminded me. I nodded once and he left.

"I'm curious, are you two in a party or something?" Abel asked, resting his chin on his hand.

"Not exactly. I'm a soloist, however Rusty is a support character and my friend in real life so I let him stay with me. He acts a little like my errand boy sometimes though." I sighed.

"So he's your support?" Rio asked. I nodded.

"And voice of reason occasionally." I added. They smiled. Rio opened his menu and after a few quick taps a box appeared in front of me with a friend request. I accepted it.

"So, if you don't mind me asking, what level are you?" Abel asked.

"14." I answered.

"Only 14?" Rio looked confused.

"Why?" I asked, confused myself.

"Well, I guess you didn't know. The floor number isn't equal to the level of the monsters like a normal RPG. Monsters are twice the floor level." Abel explained.

"Oh. Then I need to get leveling up. I thought it was to easy to level up." I muttered.

"Ya. That's what makes this game so challenging, especially on the higher floors." Rio added. I nodded and stood.

"Thanks for the advice. I'm heading to bed." I informed them before I started to walk away.

"Hey Madero, let us know if you ever need a hand. The Nightmares will be happy to help out." Rio called. I waved and nodded.

"Sounds good." I replied.

-{}-{}-{}-{}-{}-{}-{}-{}-{}-{}-{}-{}-

I hacked through the monster before me and, after killing it, took a breath. Rusty and I had been fighting since early this morning and we were both about to level up once more.