7) Sweet 15

Chapter 7 - Sweet 15 {Sparrow}

-{}-{}-{}-{}-{}-{}-{}-{}-{}-{}-{}-{}-

"Hey! Get up!" Rio ordered. I blinked and sat up with a yawn. He and Abel were standing at the foot of my bed.

"I'm up. Is something wrong?" I asked.

The shared a smile that made me wary. "Nope, but don't you know what today is?" Abel asked.

I didn't know what today was to begin with, let alone what was so important about it. "Um... I don't know." I said hesitantly.

"Alright get up. We've got somewhere to be." Rio said. I stood and waited for a moment. They both just looked at me and I sighed. I made a circle with my finger and they understood. Both turned around.

I quickly changed into my usual outfit and checked the date. "Oh I get it. Today's my birthday." I muttered.

"Bullseye!" Abel confirmed. He opened his menu and a box appeared shortly after telling me I'd gotten a gift. I opened it: it was a white skirt that was just longer than my bike shorts.

"Thanks guys!" I laughed and spun in a circle. The skirt poofed up, meaning it would be perfectly fine to fight in.

"It fits your outfit." Rio commented. I smiled and nodded.

"I like it." I said.

"Oh, there's more." Abel added.

"More?" I asked.

"Yep, but not here. Come on." Rio grabbed my hand and pulled me out, followed by Abel.

-{}-{}-{}-{}-{}-{}-{}-{}-{}-{}-{}-{}-

At the plaza they dragged me to the Level Gateway. "Guys where are we going?" I asked.

"You'll see." Abel replied. I sighed.

<Where do you wish to go?> A popup appeared in front of us, or specifically me as I was in the middle. "Floor 15." Rio commanded. The spiraling gold teleporter appeared and we stepped through.

I left my breath back on Floor 18. I had missed the 15th floor on the way up and now I was sorry I did. The entire world was candy. The buildings looked like cake, the flowers were lollipops, trees were peppermint, and I'm pretty sure every bit was edible. "Wow." I said quietly.

"Like it?" Rio asked.

"Very much." I nodded.

"There's a special quest we wanted to do with you. Just the three of us." Abel added. I smiled.

"Lead the way." I said as I nodded onward.

-{}-{}-{}-{}-{}-{}-{}-{}-{}-{}-{}-{}-

"The Quest of the Chocolate Coin." I muttered as we walked.

"Yep. Rumor is if you eat the Coin all your stats increase by 25%, and one increases by 50%." Abel added.

"25% for all and one by 50%? For one quest?" I asked doubtfully and a bit shocked.

"That's the rumor. Guess we'll find out." Rio said. I nodded as we walked out the town entrance. To my right was Gumdrop Valley and to the left was the Hot Fudge Swamp.

"So where do we go first?" I asked.

"The Sugar Fairies Garden." Abel answered. "We get the Coin Key from them then head to the Gingerbread Labyrinth." He explained. I started laughing.

"This place sounds like a kids book." I commented. Rio nodded.

"Yep. A girly kids book." He added. I laughed some more and picked a sugar candy flower from the side of the road. The stem broke with a slight snap. I licked it and sighed.