Chapter One The Unknown

Date: December 20th 2050

Place: Salisbury Connecticut

" Meryl" don yelled from his studio. Yet there was no answer. " why didn't his wife answer" don had wondered. But then he heard a knock at the door which made him loose his train of thought. "daddy" yelled Mamie "up here" Don yelled back to his daughter. "Hey daddy" said Mamie walking into her dads studio. "hey Mames have you seen mom" asked Don. Then Mamie almost started to cry "she is gone she died just last year remember you where right next to her in the hospital bed the whole time trying to keep her alive but when she left go she said I know you will be ok cause she will see you soon then the nurse came in a said we had lost the greatest actress/mother/person today I'm extremely sorry for your lose Mr.Gummer but she is gone and she is not coming back." Mamie said in tears by the time she got finished she was in her dads arms crying out her heart and soul on his shoulder. " I miss her so much daddy I need her back why did she have to go" asked Mamie "I don't know sweetheart I don't know life just has that effect on people it allows us to to love someone but then it takes that one person from us life Is a trade off mames life is a trade off" said don in tears now realizing his beloved m was gone from his touch. Then as they were mourning the lose of the wife/mother don heard Meryl's voice telling him that she was pregnant with Mamie and don had a flashback when Meryl told don in tears that she was pregnant with their second child (Mamie). Then they hugged each other for about 16 minutes and then they held a kiss for about 4 which made Don cry even harder. "daddy" said Mamie wiping away the last tear. "yes baby girl" don said " miss mommy because I need her advice cause she always knew the right thing to say to everyone" said Mamie starting to cry again which made don cry along with her. " but she will always be in here" he said pointing to Mamie's heart. "I know daddy she always will be" said Mamie "hey where are the others" asked don. " henry will be here soon as will Louisa and grace but they are still on their flights" answered Mamie. "well then I guess we can cry for a little bit longer" don said slightly laughing which made Mamie laugh a little too. so as they were spilling there tears for the lose of their beloved wife/mother/friend. they together lost a great person to which they loved most dearly but neither of them wanted to admit that the needed her more then the other one did. then they bother say Meryl telling them how easily they would get by without her even though she told Don she would see him soon and both Mamie and don knew what that meant. Yet neither of them wanted to admit it. later that night the had eaten supper then went to bed only to be woken by the sounds of the others and long with all the grand kids and great grand kids. "hey dad how has been life treating you lately" asked Henry." great I guess what about you son" replied Don. "good so far I guess, but I miss being young cause mom was still here and wasn't leaving for a long time" said henry almost in tears. "I know son I know I miss her too" said don joining his son in tears. Then grace came over to comfort her brother along with her dad then Mamie and Louisa joined in and they all stared to cry after a while. then Meryl spirit appeared and hug and kissed her family until they stop crying she so badly want them to know she was there but she couldn't tell them she want to drink up all their pain and keep it for herself to bear and drink up all their tears but she couldn't which was killing her all over again. then all the grandkids and the great grandkids and the kids kids joined in until the whole house was a big pond of sorrows . At that moment Meryl realized how much her family loved her and all those fights and all those things they said didn't matter they never change the feeling they had for each other an how much families needed each other. So she broke through the barrier between her and her family and she told them everything id going to be fine cause they will always have her they just had to call for her and she would come and that don was going to see her sometime soon. and everyone knew what that meant. Meryl took don to another room cause she new she had small amount of time. ounce the made it to their bedroom don broke down in tears saying " I cant survive any longer without you M I don't know what to do anymore m I need you" said don "I know love I know but look what we had and now it is time for it to go with us your time is coming soon I can tell you wont have to live long without me I love you don and you know that but I must go now I will see you soon I love forever and eternity" said Meryl I love you to M" don said kissing the figure of his wife. " wait I'm not ready for you to leave yet no don't leave me I'm not ready for you to leave M I cant be by myself anymore M I need you" don pleaded as his wife left. Then he went in to a fit of rage and broke everything that reminded him of their love. Then Louisa step in " DAD WHAT ARE YOU DOING" yelled Louisa " what do you mean lou" don asked " This all of this is all yours and moms why are your destroying it you need this cause mom told you to never forget your love for her now you are not going to and if you do then she wont love you the same and you should do it for the sake of the family dad I know you miss her we all do but we all still have her in our hearts you and mom taught us that when grandma and grandpa gummer and Streep died now it is time to us it again" said Louisa almost in tears " I know lou but I don't know how much longer I can keep this up I just don't know if I can do it anymore I just don't know anymore" don cried then he collapsed.