The Flash Backs Of Love

Date: June 22nd 1979 - November 13th 1979

Place: Salisbury Connecticut

Don was the first one to remember a moment of Meryl. Don had a dream the night after Meryl's death of them when she was pregnant with henry their first child she was so happy at that time. Don was laying with her in their hammock in Salisbury. don reached down and touched Meryl's baby bump and whispers softly "happy birthday baby girl I love you" "I know you do" said Meryl said putting her hand on his. "Ah did you feel that" asked Meryl with a smile "yeah" don said almost In tears of the feeling of his first and only son kicking at the sound of their voices. Then don looked at Meryl and Meryl looked at don and they kissed almost in joyful tears. That was a happy day for the newly weds. " I feel old" Meryl said looking up at Don "why" asked Don. " because I'm thirty" answered Meryl. " well at least you are not 31 turning 32" Don replied." that's true" Meryl said with a little giggle. Which made don laugh along with her. " I love our life" Meryl said to her husband with her hand on her baby bump with a huge smile on her face. " I do too I don't think I would without you in it" said don putting his hand over hers smiling with her. a few months had past and Don found himself in his studio at home because he decided to stay home for the rest of Meryl's pregnancy "DON" Meryl yelled up the stairs. Don found himself running down the steps to see what the fuss was about. "What is wrong" Don asked. "MY WATER BROKE" Meryl said through the pain. "Ok" Don said picking her up like her prince charming and caring her to the car. "Don the bags" Meryl said "I will come back for them after henry is born ok" Don said turning the car and and driving away as fast as he could. ounce they where at the hospital. He carried Meryl in to the hospital and followed the doctors instructions to the delivery room the and he laid her down so softly. then then next contraction hit and she yelled and on. "you asshole no even better you mother-fucker look what you did to me" yelled Meryl through the pain "you mother fucking asshole shit head son-of-a-bitch you" then don called in the nurse for Meryl's epidural because he couldn't stand the sight of his beloved wife in pain any longer because he want to drink up all her pain and bestow it upon himself and her was kind of hurt by what she said even though he knew it kind of was his fault she had to endure such a pain. "sorry I didn't mean what I said I am just in a lot of pain" Meryl apologized. but about an hour later the scream of pain came and went and a soft cry of the son took its place. Meryl let out a sigh and she was in tears by that time. they measured him and weighed him then they handed the little bundle of blanket to Meryl. Don was in tears at this point. They where both in tears at this point. Then henry let out a little cry and at that point he was starting to wiggle around. Meryl started to sing which don had not heard before. She sang somewhere over the rainbow.

' Somewhere Over the Rainbow

Somewhere, over the rainbow, way up high

There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby

Somewhere, over the rainbow, skies are blue

And the dreams that you dare to dream really do come true

Someday I'll wish upon a star

And wake up where the clouds are far behind me

Where troubles melt like lemon drops

Away above the chimney tops

That's where you'll find me

Somewhere over the rainbow, bluebirds fly

Birds fly over the rainbow

Why then, oh why can't I?

If happy little bluebirds fly

Beyond the rainbow

Why, oh why, can't I? '

A few days later they could take him home with them don had the nursery set up for Meryl as a surprise. He also had a welcome home party set up for her and henry with all of Meryl's friends family where there. when they got in the car Meryl rode in the back with henry next to her will don drove them home. when they walked home Meryl took Henry out of his seat, and walked into their country house and every one yelled surprise which made Meryl smile with joy but then Henry cried at the sound and Meryl soothed him easily. then she walk up stairs and to her surprise the nursery was finished for their little boy. Then he saw the little smile on Meryl's face at the sight of this which made Don smile too. then the dream ended and woke up crying.

The Grace walked in to the sight of her dad crying. So she went over and lied down to sooth her dad. "Dad it is ok your going to be ok dad we are going to be ok we are all still here even mom she is still here now why are you crying mom told you not too shed a tear for her" said grace starting to cry. "I had a dream of when your mom was pregnant and after she had your brother" answered don staring up at his daughter. "I love you" said grace. "I know you do I love you too" said Don drying up his last tear. " what do you say we get some food how does that sound" asked don "sounds good" replied grace also wiping away her last tear. Together they walked down stairs into the little kitchen with the little 12 inch TV that they all would surround in the morning when they were younger. To watch what was going on in the world around them or just to watch looney toons. Oh the memories.