Meeting

If Allah knows any good in your heart,
he will give you something better than what has been taken from you,and he will forgive you,and Allah is oft-Forgiving, the most Merciful .
Holy Qur'an [8:70]

-----------------------------------------------------------

Soon after I finished my internals I went to the parlour last evening as I looked really hideous and needed some pampering.

The meeting was fixed at 4 o clock in cherry square today. I prayed isthikhara after zuhr and started getting panic attacks every now and then.

"Humairaa!!!enough sweetheart! !!can you please stop walking here and there? relax and have faith in the almighty that whatever decision taken today will be in your favour.Remember what dad told right?",mum consoled while I remembered what dad said before he left to dubai,

Humaira,this is the most crucial part of your life where you'll be choosing someone with whom you'll be spending the rest of your life. Honestly speaking I met him at the event the other day,he seems to be like a nice guy ,otherwise im this era where the maximum effort guys put is by sending a request on social networking sites and on declining their feelings also deny,he brought this the halal way,never forget that. But there won't be any pressure on you. When you meet him you can speak to him ask him any questions and he will ask you too. After that feel free to say whatever your decision is, I will always be there for you, if it's a NO then don't hesitate my princess,you deserve the best and I'll always support you.

when I recalled,I had tears rolling down my cheeks because on this important day my dad is not next to me. I have been very closed to my dad,more like a friend and he wasn't able to attend this ,while jaafar tried to lighten up the mood saying,

"mamma!!look at mairuu! !!she thought this last minute walking would shed some pounds...hahaha",
I just smacked his shoulder while he hugged me tight saying ,what If papa is not here now ,I am there for you princess and kissed my forehead.

"mairuu,start getting ready we need to reach there on time.",as I could see mums eyes were moist too.

I wore a cream and light yellow colored full sleeved gown with a light yellow chiffon shawl and had a photo session to send pictures to dad.
After the photosession I wore my abaya and applied very light make up and wrapped my black hijab tightly around my head.

"you realize we are fifteen minutes late already, and didn't leave yet?",asked mom and we all left immediately. On the way we had to pick my aunt who would be joining us as she was like this mediator during the match making. On the way I kept chanting dhikr to calm down my senses.My hand literally froze out of nervousness. As the distance to cherry square was getting Shorter and shorter I wasn't even breathing normally.On reaching cherry square aunty gave them a call to find out if they have reached ,but they happened to be slower than us giving me 5-10 mins more of such panic atacks . This is the first time I am going to see him. Looks never matterred to me, but what will he ask me ?what should I ask him?ugghhh,my mind will explode any time from now.

"humaira ,They are here.Come let's go watch out for the steps .otherwise you might trip.", told mom as I was totally blank to register anything at that moment.

when I walked few steps ,there he was at a distance walking towards me,sorry ,walking towards us wearing a classy cream linen pant with crisp white shirt having a pleasant smile on his face. I tried hard not to look at him, and greeted his mom who happened to be a sweetheart. As we entered the hotel all ladies sat at one table and the men occupied the opposite table. we were facing each other but since his sister in law was tall her face blocked me from seeing his. I was made to sit next to his mom who spoke to me in a very friendly way cracking jokes and teasing me. He has two sister in laws who turned out to be just like me-CRAZY.

Later he stood up and walked towards my mom and asked her permission if he could talk to me for few minutes.

I was like woah,round 1 clear!gentelmen like, eh?I like it!!!
He pulled the chair for me and I sat down thinking
I should stop counting the rounds as he might clear them all.;p

He explained how he saw me in the picture and the next thing he could think of was if I am engaged ,on knowing I am not he wanted me as his wife.Though he has told all this while texting ,hearing it from him got colly wobbles in me .

"humaira, I just want to ask you one question and please feel free to answer .This is the question I didn't ask you during the phone chat and this is the question which will answer all my questions",the already nervous me wanted to just vanish as I had no freaking idea where he was heading to.

"Go ahead . Ask me"

"If we get married ,will you be with me through my ups and downs and promise to never ever leave me whatsoever? "

"If we get married, I will never leave you until death tears us apart and In sha Allah ,we can pray to be in jannah together ", I told him and was shocked if I actually told that.

"jazakallahu khairan .We can go back now.Shall we?"

"wa antum fa jazakumullahu khairan ", and we sat in our respective seats while we got suspicious glances from almost everyone seated there.

"humaira!,papa wants to talk to you",mom handed the phone while I spoke to dad,
"Assalamualikum humaira. I suppose you have already met him and question session must be over by now.All I want to ask is are you happy?Yes or no?",asked dad while I nodded a yes thinking he was in front of me.I then smacked my head at my stupidity and told him
"walikum Salam papa.Yes."
"May Allah bless you sweetheart. Give the phone to mum . I'll have a conversation with her . take care princess ."
I handed the phone over to mum who spoke to him and conveyed the news that It's a yes from me and got to know it's a yes from him too.

The ladies hugged each other while the men too did the same .Jaafar came and hugged me saying
"my princess is getting married soon. when did you grow up?All thanks to me I didn't tell him how wild and kiddish yoy get at times. let me warn you mairuu, I can still fight with you okay?no matter how big you are , you are still small for me and will remain our family's dearest princess.Your happy right?"

"very much bhai!I love the whole family. They are all very sweet and welcoming, but I mm-m -miss dad",I said as I hugged him so that no one watches me.

"hey!it's okay...your not suppose to cry.Its a Big day for you sweetheart."

As I lifted my head I could see zayed staring at me and mouthed don't cry and I instantly smiled feeling blessed.

_______________________________________
A/N:
I hope you liked this chapter.
don't forget to vote forget and share.
happy sunday readers..:)