chapter43

Wondrous is the affair of the believer for there is good for him in every matter and this is not the case with anyone except the believer. If he is happy, then he thanks Allah and thus there is good for him. If he is harmed, then he shows patience and thus there is good for him.

Source: Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim 2999, Grade: Sahih

Trials can be a sign that Allah intends good for us, because through trials our sins are expiated and we have the opportunity to perform good deeds.

-----------------------------------------------------------

I stood near the window of our bedroom holding a cup of tea and staring blankly into the distance watching the sun dip into the horizon.

I was just wondering how my life has changed from being a daughter to a daughter in law, sister to sister in law ,  simple girl to someone's better half  ,companion for life. I didn't change as a person except for the fact that I had a lot of expectations to live upto now. I am giving it my everything to make this my home. By Allah's grace everything is going smoothly ,but my husband.

He is not the crazy ,hopeless romantic like before, of course he loves me,but he's lost. I couldn't figure out what is happening . He does speak to me but ,he is involved in the conversation. He goes to the office and comes back late at night giving me lame reasons as to why he is late.

I took a deep breath and closed the window and went on to offer my maghreb prayers. I read Qur'an for a longer duration as I had to clear my mind off some unnecessary thoughts.

By the time I finished reading zayed came back from office and slouched to the fridge and gulped down a glass of water . He gave me a weak smile and sat on the chair as he greeted me.

"hey babe , how was your day ?",I asked .

"just like any other day?",he replied with no change of expression.

"mmmm-hmmm ! tired?"

"yeah kinda"

"want to take some rest?"

"where is ammi?",he asked avoiding my earlier question.

"She has gone to bhaiyyas place and would be staying there today"

"oh okay",he replied still monotonous.

I found this the right opportunity to ask if anything was bothering him.

"is everything okay zee?"

"yes?"

"No?"

"yes humaira?"

"no zayed!"

"yes"

"No"

"yes"

"Noooooo"

"fine no",he gave in and put his head down.

"what's the matter jaan?",I asked placing my hand over his shoulder.

"it's nothing really"

"tell me zee"

"Ugghhh! It's just that I get very frequent chest pain or feel breathless . I have cough from 3 moths humaira and no doctors give me a solution to it."

"But you don't have severe cough zee and perhaps it's getting reduced I feel. Why didn't you tell me about the breathlessness?"

"I got scared"

"but why?"

"Because I have chest pain too"

"So?"