Episode 7 - Mission?

"If we did it together, we can heal the pain"

Eunji POV

I sit down at the bench, alone. The wind of night breeze blow up my hair. Though it's a bit cold, I still can manage to it.

"Here," Hoya handed me cappuccino and I take it. Seeing it makes me smile. While Hoya slurped his drink, "I used to like coffee, but I had a friend who hate the smells of them..." I stopped, smiling, then look at his sharp eyes, I don't know why..I really want to tell him this.

"Since then, I don't drink coffee anymore," I continued. Hoya is a bit shocked upon what am I saying, maybe he felt guilty.

"I..hate coffee too" he finally said. "If you can't drink, just drink mine, we can sharing"

"Thank you but it's okay" I smiled try to find a topic to talk, "What are you doing at that person's garden just know?"

"You don't have to do with it so just mine your own business" he said with no manners.

"She's more than my neighbour, so I must know about her!" I rise up my voice.

"It was my routine to come there every night, to watch the plant grow with my eyes" he look a bit sad.

"Why?" I asked. "Can I trust you? I never tell anyone about my story though" he look at me. "Of course, I'm your friend after all" I smiled.

"Well..It's all my memory, with my first love also childhood friend." he looked at his shoes, feeling sad.

"Where are she now?" I asked, hope I can help him to find her. "She's gone" he said and I showed him 'sorry face'

"Maybe I can help you to find her" I volunteered. "So what's your memory with her?"

"We were best friend, that time she went back to her village busan and we have our last met at the garden" he continued, "I still remember our promise, to meet each other again in the future," he sigh. To me the story sound familiar.

"But I still waiting, for her to showed up in front of me saying 'I miss you' to me and we'll be happy after that" he said sad things this time and I touched,

"What's her name?" I asked, "Where did she used to live?"

"She lived at the house you live now," he answer. But wait, there's no one else lived there except my family.

But I just wait for him to continue, "Her name is Jung--" the conversation was cutted off by the fireworks in front of us that boomed beautifully.

"It's amazing" I said then looked at Hoya who was cover his ear. I burst out laughing.

"You afraid of them?" I asked still giggling. "They just too loud" Hoya shouted. "But you close your eyes" I laughed seeing his eyes half open.

"I'm not" he opened his eyes, automatically.

"Look at them while cover your ears, it would be more great" he said. Somehow the words sounds common. I do what Hoya told me to do.

I'm speechless. My mouth was big open because of it. "Daebak" I miss this, my heart saying things that I don't know these days.

Well, this is not the first time I saw it maybe, that's why I am missing them.

We stay quiet until the fireworks were done.

I looked at him who is stare at me. "What's wrong?" I asked. "Your face, I know this face..but I can't remember" he answered, hitting his head.

"Huh? Am I that beautiful to you?" I scoffed but in the same time smile. "It's getting late now, I need to go" I waved at him.