Prolouge

A/N- Guess who's baaaaaack after four and a half years ;) with an all new and improved version of Military Run. Now... I know half of you probably are sitting there looking at your screens like, "Wait... what?"

This story is something I wrote about 4 years ago, and it was terrible. TERRIBLE. I don't even know why people read it. It was that bad... Therefore, I took the book down and sat here for four years, pondering if I would ever upload this story again. If it even deserved to resurface.

But it's back... and I plan for it to stay this way.

I really hope you guys will enjoy this new story. I really do! It's something I first wrote, and something that made me confident to write!

Anyways. Enough of my blabbering...

I hope you guys enjoy and if you do, slap that like button in the face and comment down below if you enjoy it or not.

I love you guys.

Take care
-Frye

My name is Alia Kendall...

I was born in a small town in Colorado and I grew up with my father and my brother Tanner.

At a young age, our mother died due to a long lasting battle with cancer and she was supposed to make it another three years due to the fact that she had beaten it.

That wasn't the case though...

When I came of age, my father had told me that when I was about a year old, she wasn't able to get herself out of bed and she was completely motionless for as long as he could remember. They had taken her back to the hospital to get checked, and they said that the cancer was back, this time worse then before and there was a very very slim chance that she was going to make it.

He had told me that we stayed at the hospital, day in and day out, waiting for some sort of change in the results, anything that would give us a spark of hope, but it was too late. Just a day before her birthday had rolled around, she had passed away peacefully in her sleep, just the way she had asked my father to let her do.

My father was heavily impacted by this. He wasn't able to function right and was severely depressed. After the funeral was over and a few years had passed, he had finally gotten over it and made himself knock his head straight because of the fact that he needed to be here for me and my brother.

Being a single dad for him was hard, and I knew it was challenge for him. He wasn't able to do the things like my mother would've been able to do with me, so he had raised me like one of the boys, but he had to make a man out of himself before he made a man out of me, and I thank him for that.

He had to do what he could to raise me and Tanner.

With my dad's soft blue eyes and dirty blonde hair, it was a shock that me and Tanner came out the way we did.