(9) Drinking Our Texts Away

Tyler
-----
Colorado.

Home to the Rocky Mountains, beautiful forestry and amazing sights that you would perhaps never get anywhere else.

With the city located at the base of the Rocky Mountains, and its many trails and parks, Colorado Springs seems to be a popular destination for many tourists as it has many unique geological features, like Pikes Peak, Garden of the Gods Park, The Broadmoor Seven Falls, and Cave Of The Winds Mountain Park.

My one month of leave started two weeks ago, and being here in Colorado has been anything but a good change for me. The elevation was messing with my immune system, the weather was cold and friged, and the main thing there was to do where Alia lived was to party and go to the bars.

Alia never liked my drinking. I would tend to call her when she was stationed here in the United States after a long night, and time and time again, she would hang up on me and refuse to speak to me until I promised I would stop. Being with her three years has been a life lesson for not only myself, but her as well, and the fact that Alia would not be home during this time for me was painful.

I hadn't seen her in a year practically. I was coming to Colorado to surprise her since she claimed she would me coming home, that was until she called me the week I arrived and said that her deployment got extended. It was not the best situation to be in because my next stop was Coronado, California, where I would then be shipped off to where ever they needed me next.

Her roommate here at her apartment was named Joe. I had met the man the last time I came to spend time with her, and he seemed like genuine. He had a girlfriend named Leela, had a well off job here in Spings, and took care of the place while she was gone. She appreciated that part about him, and so did I.

I stayed in Alia's room while I was residing here for the month, and Joe was never home it seemed like. It got lonely here after a while, and getting around from place to place was a challenge at times because my only form of transportation was Alia's vehicle or calling and Uber.

In the past couple of months, there were times when I tried to call Alia through Messenger on Facebook since that was the only way I could talk to her other than Skype, and she would not answer. When she would leave my call on read, she would message me hours later saying she was working out, on a patrol, or spending time with her dog, Zipp.

Her attitude had changed in the past couple of months as well, and I could definitely understand why.

I had not been the best man while she had been gone recently. I had done a lot of things that would make my line from being a man to becoming a boy difficult to differ from one another, but I knew that I loved her with all of my heart, and my actions that I had committed were definitely not the greatest and were not who I am. She had never done anything for me to act the way I did that night, but she had definitely been questioning everything since then.

Her words to me were short to me weeks after the incident and I knew that she didn't want to talk with me until she had cooled off. One night she had texted me and that was the first night I had heard from her in 3 days. That conversation was something I never expected out of her, but I knew it was going to happen one way or another.

Hey.

Hey.

What are you up too

Oh nothin. Just laid down for the night. What are you doing?

She stopped typing for a minute as the "..." disappeared. They then reappeared.

Just got back to my room.

Oh nice.

She stopped yet again.