Chapter 3

"We're here." Christian announces as I slowly flutter my eyes open. I can't believe I slept through the whole journey. I couldn't wait to see José and tell him about my new job and my new life in Seattle. Maybe I shouldn't mention the fact that me and Christian are no longer together... He could use that to try and seduce me again like at the bar.
We head for the front entrance and I am greeted by a lot of women smiling and 'petting' me. I had never got this kind of attention before, especially from people who I did not know. I turn around to find Christian but he's disappeared and I have no idea where he could be.
"Ana! You're here!" A familiar voice exclaims. I wrap my arms around José and we hug for several minutes. I had missed his company when I was in Seattle and now that I was all alone, I just needed my best friend by my side.
"Nice to meet you again, José" Christian shakes José's hand breaking off our hug. Even after our break up, he still has the need to protect me.
The conversation has died down quickly and we stand awkwardly for a while.
"Do you guys want a tour of the photos. Ana I'm sure you'll be excited about some of them in particular"
We start our tour, looking at all of the beautiful work that José had up on display. I couldn't believe I had a friend that was so talented.
"Ana, this one is for you"
I look up and find a photograph of myself that José had taken off me when we were packing our things for Seattle. Christian looks up bewildered too. I didn't think that he would want someone taking pictures of me and displaying it for everyone to see. He's still very overprotective.
"José, how much is this one?" A customer asks.
"I'll be right back" José mutters and runs off.
I look carefully at the picture;
I'm smiling and laughing. That was one of the best days ever. I missed hanging out with José but it seemed rather odd that he would take pictures of me and then put them in his gallery which people can buy. Was he still in love with me or did he do this as a friend? I looked at the metal plate below it and saw that 150 people were bidding on my photo. I was extremely shocked to see so many!