Chapter 24

Christian's P.O.V.

I was spent and in utter bliss.
I looked down to see Ana snuggling into my chest, having fallen asleep post coitus. She was an angel.
MY angel.
But there was still a matter of handling the d*ck that was Jack Hyde.
I had relied on idiots to guard the basement as to which I had 'stored' him in. My instinct was to call Taylor to see if he had any leads.

Slowly and carefully, I unhappily removed Anastasia's perfect body off my body, reaching for my iPhone that lay on the desk. I left the room, making sure I shut the door quietly as to not disturb Ana.
"Well? What the fuck is going on?"
Taylor told me about how they found him heading out of the state and that it would take him a while to ever reach Ana. I doubled security on Dr Greene's apartment and had people searching for Leila. It was a complete shock to me that Ana had to find out about her like this but I wasn't ready to tell her the full story yet.

Ana's P.O.V.
My eyelids fluttered open and I could not be any more relaxed. I needed to buy a memory foam mattress!
The problem was I had noticed that there was emptiness beside me.
As if by magic, my knight in shining armour came through the door holding a tray full of food.
"I thought you might be hungry from... last night so I brought you breakfast in bed."
I honestly didn't know how I lived without him.
But reality kicked in and I realised that Jack was no longer under security and was roaming around freely. I had to ask Christian what was going on. I felt so in the dark.
"Hey, I need you to answer a question for me."
He looked at me unsurely but still complied.
"What happened to Jack Hyde?"
For a second, Christian looked uneasy but picked himself back up.
"Oh don't worry about him. He's locked away and can never hurt you baby."
He came over to me and pulled me into his arms for a hug.
He lied to me.
I wanted to start our relationship with no lies and no secrets but he failed to do that.
Looks like I'm going to have to find out myself.

*************************************
I know y'all are going to be mad because it's been months and this is such a short chapter but I'm sorry. I hope you enjoy this fill in chapter because it's going to get interesting from here. Love you all xxx