Chapter Seven: Feelings Revealed

Alia's POV

“Why are you looking at other guys?” 

I shiver at the sound of his voice, "I—I’m not.”

“Stop lying!? I told you once, NO ONE is going to love you besides me, so there is no point of you looking at other guys!” He says as he barks in laughter.

Tears roll down face, and I quickly wipe them off. His face turns from laughter to pure hatred, he pulls up a hand a slaps my hard, I fall to the ground and I hold my cheek that is now bleeding. I try to run away, but as I get up he kicks me in the ribs. I collapse down on the ground, and he smiles in a sinister kind of way. I tremble in fear, I close my eyes. But when I open them, all I see is light, and then Liam appears,

“I told you, I’d never let anyone hurt you—that’s a promise I’m always going to keep.”

I smile and get up, I immediately hug him, “Thank you Liam, I—I love you.”

I am shocked at my words I’m saying I love you to someone I met just a week ago, but then he grabs me close by the waist, he brings me so close that I can feel his breath on my lips, I bite my lips and look into his eyes, Liam smiles

“You don’t know how long I’ve been waiting to hear you say that Alia, I love you too.”

My eyes flutter open, I realize that my face is wet with tears and I am in Liam’s arms. I look up,

“W—what happened?”

He frowns, “You were whimpering, and crying. So I pulled you close, and started singing to you. Once I did, you stopped, and it almost seemed like—you were smiling. It’s like your nightmare turned into a beautiful dream.”

 I smile, “Thanks, Liam—and I mean for everything: from picking me up, to giving me a place to stay, and especially from calming me down from my panic attacks. Honestly—no one has ever calmed me down from my panic attacks, it’s weird…when I hear your voice or when I’m in your arms, I—I feel…safe.”

I slightly smile as my head rests on his chest. I feel his heartbeat race a bit, I look up at him, and his cheeks are slightly pink. I feel him kiss the top of my head, I smile, but then I frown, because I know Liam and I could never be together, he has Danielle.

So I pull away and sit up. Liam also frowns, “Why’d you get up?”

I sigh, “I’m scared okay…”

He cocks his head to the side, “Scared? Alia, I promised that I would never hurt you.”

I shake my head and pull my knees to my chest, “No, I’m scared that—that I’m falling for you. Yeah I met you just a week ago, but I don’t know when I’m with you—” I stop there and look down, embarrassed to express my feelings.

Liam scoots closer, and puts his arm around my shoulder and brings me close, “Alia, do you want the truth?”

My heart beats really fast, I brace myself for the truth, I know what it’s going to be though, he has no feelings for me whatsoever, I close my eyes and tears roll down, I nod my head and wait for my heart to break,

“When I look at you, my heart skips a beat. I know—it sounds cheesy, but you aren’t like other girls. You’re different, and I like that about you. Yeah, I’ve known you for a week, but in a week, I learned so much about you, and I think you deserve a great guy and—”

Liam is cut off by his phone ringing, he puts on finger up.

“Hello, babe?”

-