Chapter Nineteen: Fall Back In Love

Liam’s POV

* 2 months later*

“Liam, I don’t think her memory is going to come back—I’m sorry, but I think you should just move on. We’re on break—”

I cut him Niall off, “Niall, how can I just move on from Alia? She means so much to me, I—I love her so much and her being so confused about life is hurting me so much.”

“Liam look at you! It’s been 2 months; you barely eat or go out! You can’t keep living like this, we are all worried about you!” Niall screams.

I get up, “Niall, this is all my fault! Alia is lost in the world mentally and it’s all my freaking fault!”

He shakes his head, “No it’s not Liam.”

“Niall, you have Lou—if you broke up with her, yelled at her, told her you didn’t care about her anymore, and she gets in an accident…what would you think?”

He pauses, “I would think that if I were with her, I could’ve stopped it…but Liam, the real Alia wouldn’t want you to be like this…”

“The real Alia? The…real…Alia? Niall, she is the real Alia, she’s not some zombie or robot or something, she’s Alia, my Alia, and she’s hurt. I need to go see her now.” I say as I call a taxi.

Niall groans, “Liam, the doctor said she isn’t making any progress you need to let her go!”

I stop, “NIALL I JUST CAN’T LET HER GO! I LOST ALIA, TWICE—I’M NOT GOING TO LOSE HER A THIRD!”

I stomp out and hop in the taxi, and then I head to Alia’s house. When I get there, I knock on the door and Sean comes and opens the door, he frowns, but he wipes it off, “I’m sorry—it’s just that you promised that you wouldn’t hurt my sister…”

I nod, “And I did, I’m so sorry—”

“It’s okay…Alia’s upstairs asleep, but she won’t mind if you’re up there.”

When I get to Alia’s room, she’s asleep, but she’s panting. She starts shaking and speaking, “Liam don’t leave, I—I need you. I really like you, and I don’t want to lose you.”

I embrace her, and she wakes up in my arms, “W—what happened?”

“You were crying, but why—what did you see?”

She looks up at me, “I—I saw us, you were leaving the hospital in tears, but I stopped you and told you that I needed you and I don’t want to lose you.”

Then it hit me, “Alia, didn’t the doctor say you memory would come back in bits and pieces? I remember that day, it was you and me—visiting Sean in the hospital…”