Chapter One

Chapter One

Getting off the plane in Toronto airport, and collect my suitcase. Pulling it after me, I head towards the exit of the airport, my large heels clicking on the floor. I can feel a smile pulling onto my lips, and excitement bubbling in my stomach.

My name is Camille Noel – or at least it is from today. As today I have the chance to join club Bell La Rouge. A secret club for supernatural creatures only. It was started two hundred years ago by Nikolas Bell La Rouge.

Originally the club was a men only society, but over the years that had changed. Every year they took in six more members; three male, three females. Each year the selected few would have to undergo certain tests before they could be accepted for membership.

Now, don't ask me what the tests are or what you actually get to do in the club – because I have absolutely no idea. Bell La Rouge had a very strict rule policy; the biggest policy being not to talk about Bell La Rouge outside of Bell La Rouge.

However one thing I did no, the club was famous for a few things – sex, parties, money, power and influence. If you were part of Bell La Rouge, you could get anything you wanted. And for someone who had nothing, that sounded amazing to me.

As I walk into the main part of the airport, I see someone holding a card with my new name on it. I saunter over, my hips swishing in a sexual way as I do so. I smile as I look up the man holding the card. He is texting, he has yet to notice me.

I clear my throat, and he looks up from his phone and his eyes widen. He is just a boy, seventeen possibly eighteen, with swept back brown hair and bright eyes. "Miss Noel?" he asks, American accent making the words smooth and velvety.

"That would be me" I grin. I see his pupils dilate, and he swallows slightly.

"F-follow me" he stutters, gesturing for me to follow him to the parking lot. I give a discreet sniff in his direction, trying to get a scent. I have an excellent nose, and quickly pick up his musky earthy scent. He is a Werewolf.

I, on the other hand, am a Shifter. I am very similar to a Werewolf, but I can turn into a Mountain Lion. I am a very rare species of supernatural, especially being a women, and I like the rarity of my species – I always love to be the centre of attention.

The Werewolf leads me to a town car, with the BLR logo – two cherry trees on either side of a banner – on the side. The boy holds the door open, and I climb in. He offers me a smile as he closes the door.

I smooth my dress down, as the car starts its journey. I am nervous getting to BLR but I am also excited. I have travelled all the way from London for these trails, and I don't want to fail.

BLR works on an application basis, however, I got in a little different. I am a jewel thief – a real cat burglar if you like. And during a raid in a French bank, where I was breaking into a safety deposit box, I ran into another burglar.

It wasn't a chance meeting – the other burglar had tracked me down. He was a thief too, but he focused more on paintings and artefacts. He found me, because he liked my work. When he met me, he asked my name. I took a liking to him, and told him my name.

Then three days later, he turned up at my London apartment with a letter in hand. I was shocked – having no idea how he found me. Put as soon as I opened the letter, I knew why. Because he was part of BLR, and people in BLR were in the know about everything.

It takes the car an hour to reach the BLR headquarters in Toronto. The windows to the car are blacked out, so I don't see where we are or how we got here. But suddenly the car has stopped, and the door opens.

The young Werewolf holds the door for me to get out. "Welcome to Bell La Rouge, Miss Noel" he says. Turning to face the house, I am not shocked with the expensive of it.

I am in a large regal looking estate, with a sandy exterior that stretches for what looks like miles. The estate is a dense forest area, and I can smell the natural mud and vegetation. Men in suits – obviously staff – stand at the doors waiting for me.

The Werewolf takes my bags, as I head over to the doorway. "Welcome Miss" the doorman says. I smile at him; noticing the small BLR logo over his left breast pocket. Holding the door open, I walk past him, and into the grand entrance.

The Werewolf hands my bags to another worker, before turning to me. "Miss Noel, please follow me". The house is quiet at first, but when I strain my heightened hearing, I can make chatter of voices from most of the house. I pick up about thirty different voices instantly.

The Werewolf leads me through a door, and down a long grand corridor to a heavy wooden door. He comes to a stop, and knocks on the door. There is a pause, before I hear a deep male 'enter'.

The Werewolf opens the door, but doesn't walk in. He simple gestures for me to go inside. I don't hesitate, I walk right past and into the room. It is a smart, minimalistic office. Books line the walls, but each one is positioned perfectly and wiped free of dust. The place is meticulous.

Sitting behind the desk is a women, in her late fifties, with slicked back blonde hair and a wrinkles face. "Name?" she demanded instantly.

"Camille Noel" I tell her.

A ghost of a smile. "No, your real name".

"Camille Noel" I repeat.

"No, your birth name".

"Camille Noel".

"No, the name that is on your birth certificate".

"Camille Noel".

"What is your real name?"

"Camille Noel" I say – knowing this is all a test. The women smiles, and stands. She offers me her hand. I walk over and shake her hand.

"Lovely to meet you Miss Noel. My name is Julie and I will be your tutor during your testing period. Any questions you come to me, any concerns you come to me, and anything you are insure of come to me. Understand?"

"Yes, come to you for everything".

I receive another ghost of a smile. "Correct, Miss Noel. May I call you Camille?"

"Call me Cami, Julie. Camille is way too much of a mouthful" I grin.

She nods, "alright Cami. Why don't I give you a tour to begin with?" She heads to the door, and I follow her.

She shows me so much of the house, that I am lost even with a tour guide. I see a grand bathroom, and then another five, and I see rows and rows of bedroom with names on the door. I see my name, but we don't go inside. My room is in between people called; S. Richie and C. Baldwin.

After the tour, Julie takes me to an office style room at the back of the house. Inside I meet one of the BLR lawyers and have to sign lots of paper. Most of them just say that BLR can't be responsible for death or injury – that really makes me question what the hell I have gotten myself into.

But I sign, because I love danger.

After this Julie tells me I should unpack, and someone would escort me to dinner. Which seems fine, except I have no idea where my room is. But I don't tell her that, I simple smile and give her some British gratitude that has her complimenting my manners.

But one she has gone, I scowl. I could have just said I don't know where my room is, but my damn pride is too big. Glancing around I make sure no one is watching me, before I crouch down and sniff.

Just like all animals, it is easier to follow a scent that is settled than in the air. But I hate people seeing me acting more animal than human – unfortunately as well as proud, I am also very vain.

However, I quickly find Julie's scent – because you can never smell your own scent. Julie's scent goes two ways; one back towards her office, and one from the stairs we just descended. I follow the one leading up the stairs.

As I reach the corridor that looks familiar, and I realise my room is just up ahead, the door labelled S. Richie opens. And instantly I am furious with the sight I see.