Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

The following morning, I sit opposite Lorenzo once more – wishing I was opposite someone else. I am furious that he would say such things to me. I am a Werecat, he cannot say such things to me. Not to mention the fact he should have been flattered that I'd even flirted with him – he is unattractive and common, I am attractive and rare. He should have been fucking willing, not rejecting me. The bastard.

"Camille I was wondering--" Caleb starts, but I just raise my hand in silence.

"Don't speak to me half breed" I say, not even looking at him. I try and ignore the people in the room, so begin inspecting the diamond ring I am wearing. It is one I stole last year, but have not been able to sell it on. It is set into platinum, and has small rubies on either side of the stone. I stole it from a rich couple in China, and have not been able to part with it since.

"That's a beautiful ring" Chloe comments from my right. I glance at her and smile.

"Yes it is. I took it from a Chinese senator last year".

"You took it?" she asks confused, "what do you mean?"

"I stole it" I tell her bluntly, and her eyes widen. "I'm a jewel thief by trade. I travel the world finding the most beautiful jewels I can find, before selling them on. But this one I cannot part with".

Chloe is silent for a moment, and I can see everyone else is listening in. I sneak a glance at Lorenzo, who actual seems intrigued by what I am saying. I turn away a second later, showing him I don't care what he thinks of me. "What do you do Chloe?"

"I took over my step-father's finance business when I was twenty one. I built it up, and last year I sold it for almost five million" she says proudly. I smirk – maybe she is not as quiet and timid as I first though. She is good with numbers and money, I respect that.

"Good for you" I smile; and for once I am being genuine.

"I'm an actress" Serena comments smiling. Chloe looks like she's about to question her on it, but I don't care to know.

"And I'm sure your porn channel has lots of views, Serena, but no one actually cares" I chime, offering her a bright smile. The pretty blonde blushes at my words, and tries to deny the words. I just wave her protests away, and eventually she stops talking.

"What do you do, Enzo? I never asked" Chloe squeaks, smiling at Lorenzo who is still watching me with tight eyes.

"I run my own business" Lorenzo shrugs nonchalant.

"He runs a drug cartel" Simon cuts in, brushing his smart suit off. My eyebrows shoot up – I believe Lorenzo just became a little more interesting to me.

Lorenzo shrugs, "I tell people what to do. And if they happen to sell drugs and make me profit, that has nothing to do with me". That is a rehearsed answer if I ever heard it. I smirk, and Lorenzo notices. We meet eyes, neither of us speak for a second, before looking away.

Santosh walks in a few second, and offers everyone a bright smile, before he sits down at the head of the table. He doesn't speak, and we all wait for him to say something. We all exchange looks with one another, when my sensitive ears pick up something in the distance.

A stampede. No, not a stampede. Just a large group of people in heavy steel toed boots running straight for us. "Santosh" I say, as the same time Lorenzo stands up and glares in the direction of the noise. "It sounds like we have incoming".

"Excuse me, Miss Noel?" Santosh asks, eyebrow raising in confusion. Before I can reply, the door to the room flies open with a crash. Everyone yelps in shock, diving down. Well everyone except Lorenzo and I – we both crouch slightly in defensive movement.