Stranded

"Ha... Ha..." I pant as I hurriedly trudge through the forest. My legs are heavy, and burns with every step I take. My mouth is dry, and my throat throbs with a desperate thirst. My skin is sticky, and itchy with sweat, dirt and scratches. I ran away from my prison of a house a week ago, and I've been traveling on foot as far away as possible from that hell hole.

"Ah!" I shout loudly in the empty woods. My ankles rolls painfully as it gets trapped in a hole, my muscles scream, my bones ache, and my veins practically boil with pure pain.

"Ahh!" I let out one more bellow of pain. "Ugh!" I groan, using all my strength to yank out my ankle free. On wobbly knees I shakily stand up, hissing under my breath as I tentatively put weight on it.

Damn it, I twisted it! But I can't just sit out here in the middle of the woods waiting for it to get better. I readjust my heavy backpack, and start to limp, leaning on every tree I pass for support. For the next two hours I finally hiked out of the forrest, and find myself on the edge of a property.

My worn sneakers skid on the cracked, gray pavement of a small parking lot, with faded parking lines, and not a car in sight. A towering sign tells me where the hell I am,

A CHEAP MOTEL
For Intercourse With A Near Stranger
NO VACANCY

My brows jump to my hairline at the sign, impressed with the boldness of the sign. Hey, why beat around the bush? I look back at the little run down motel, a grimy little two floor building that looks like death itself wouldn't walk through the door. But its that or I sleep outside in the cold again. With a deep intake of air I start limping across the eerily abounded parking lot, towards the falling apart motel.