Work To Do

"So," Mason and I sit on the kitchen counters opposite of each other "you guys haven't slept together?" He asks. My face turns red, but I force myself not to be embarrassed.

"For the fifth time, no Mason." I groan. I'm happy Chester isn't here to witness this embarrassing question again, luckily he's showering.

"But you like him." He asks without missing a beat. Yeah, I do, I admit to myself before I have a chance to settle my mind. Crap, I thought honestly before I have a chance to think properly, and hide my real thoughts.

"Obviously you do." He wags his brows at me. I didn't think it was possible, but my face turns redder, as red as a tomato.

"Really?" I ask, horrified.

"Again, obviously." Mason repeats, rolling his green eyes. Leaning forward I can feel my face knot up in worry.

"How obvious?" I breathe worriedly, making the half demon smirk. I gulp at the sight of that smug smirk, knowing he's revealing in my discomfort and humiliation like its a warm blanket. That's the difference between Mason and Chester, where Chester is kind, and understanding Mason is sadistic and mischievous, just like a demon.

"Even without the telepathy, very." Mason chuckles, his green eyes brightening with a sick amusement.

"Does Chester know?" I ask lowly, but Mason doesn't say a word, he simply smirks at me. That smirk it's so... Devilish...

"Mason, do you like being a demon?" I ask. For a spilt second he actually looks taken off guard, but just for a second. His smirk comes back, wider than before.

"Yeah, it's who I am, and I love myself." Mason says, resting his arms behind his head confidently.

"You don't mind the blood, or the soul sucking? Or all the death?" I ask, my brows knitting together.

"No, because I'm a demon." Mason says. Chester walks in, his hair damp and a strong, rich smell wafting off him. He smells really good. Both brothers turn to me with a smirk, making my eyes widen in horror.

"I'm gonna go do maid stuff." I quickly hop off the counter, and try to escape the kitchen.

"Wait, Blake." Chester calls after me.

"Sorry, the toilet brush calls." I say, making Mason laugh from the kitchen.

"Blake, I'm not opening the motel today either." Chester says, walking after me.

"So?" I shrug.

"After what happened yesterday I don't think you should be cleaning up there by yourself." Chester's words make me freeze at the door.

"But it's my job." I say, turning around to him.

"But you were attacked yesterday, I think the dusting can wait." Mason says, joining us.

"You don't know anything about my dust." I say, crossing my arms over my chest. "We can't let a whole day go to waste. We have a lot work to do." I insist.

"Yeah, you do run a shitty motel, Chester." Mason says, earning a glare.

"Fine, I guess we can start redoing some of the rooms." Chester grumbles.

Later

"I can't believe you're making me do labor." Mason groans. I stand on a step ladder, spreading paint remover on the wall.

"Just shut up and lift." Chester grumbles, his arms locked around one side of an old dresser.

"I don't understand why we don't use our demon powers." Mason suggests, making Chester stiffen.

"That's the smartest thing you said all day, and all day yesterday." Chester says, earning a flat look from his brother on the other side  of the dresser. Their similar faces knot up, and the furniture in the room lifts up off the ground.

"Cool." I gawk at the hovering furniture, amazed how it just floats out the door easily.

"Mortals are amazed so easily." Mason scoffs.

"Mason, you're half demon, but fully human." I remind him. My feet suddenly levitate off the step ladder, and my body floats up high up into air.

"Mason, put her down!" Chester growls, but Chester raises his arms in surrender.

"It's not me. I swear." Mason says.

"Chester?!" I yelp as I suddenly launch across the room.

"Mason?!" Chester panically shouts.

"It's not me!" Mason presses, and I fly across the room, making my head whirl.

"Someone, please get me down!" I shout, bracing myself as I crash into the wall.

"Show yourself!" Chester growls, his voice deepening, and his green eyes turning into pulls of trad. A Chinese old man covered in liver spots, and blood slowly appears in the middle of the room.

"Put. Her. Down." Chester growls. Instead of my feet landing on the ground, my body hurls upside down, my converses brushing the ceiling.

"Crap! Crap! Crap! Holy crap!" I yell, the blood rushing to my head, and my hair hanging upside down.

"There's nothing holy here, Blake." Mason says, pulling out crumpled up herbs from his pockets.

"I said put her down!" Chester bellows, his black eyes turning sinister. Glancing at those black voids chill me to the bone.

"Chester," I breathe, my upside down body shooting across the room, colliding into another wall.

"Ow..." I moan, my vision blurring for moment. "Chester-" my teeth painfully clack together like clogs as I smash against the wall again. My head spins, and my limps aches, ow. I barely hear some Latin in my ringing ears, then a pop. My body just stops in midair, then floor rushes at me.

"Blake!"