Norman Bate's Shower

"Before you freak out, just take a hot shower, and calm down, okay?" Chester offers.

"I'm not going to hurt you or suck your soul out or anything." Chester says.

"You can suck my soul out?" I ask, my stomach dropping.

"No, demons can't suck a soul from a living body." He explains, trying to assure me there is nothing to be afraid of. "Demons can only steal damed soul out of corpses." He adds, making my senses prickle with fear.

"Sorry, not helping you not be afraid of me." He mumbles. No, it's not. Pulling off his jacket, Chester spreads it over my bare shoulders, the cotton sticking to my damp skin.

"C'mon," Chester says, against all my better judgements I let him pull me to my feet, and lead me out this disturbing room. I should be running, or in my case limping as fast as I can, but he's doing nothing that is threatening me. My mind is racing with everything he said, making me feel like I'm losing my mind.

We walk down the steps that scale the outside of the two story building. We walk back to main building, but instead of walking into the lobby, we go around where Chester unlocks a door.

"This is my place." Chester explains, opening the door. I expect a pile of dead bodies, and a dungeon, but instead it's a pure man cave. Beer cans litter every square surface, a flatscreen tv is not far from leather couch, and sport equipment are stashed in one corner. Pushed against the far wall there's bookcase overflowing with records. We walk past the living room, past an empty kitchen with nothing but a fridge, and a tea kettle. As we continue through the apartment I sneak a peak at a bedroom with a huge king size bed in it.

"Well, towels are in here." Chester says, pointing to a closet in the bathroom. He awkwardly backs out of the door, and I quickly lock it. I awkwardly stand in the middle of his bathroom, an upgrade to the one in my motel room.

I reluctantly put down my stuff, peel away the damp towel, and Chester's jacket. My damp skin prickles with goosebumps from the cold, but I still hesitate getting into the shower. I stall as long possible till I can't bare the cold anymore. I take cautious steps towards the shower, and with a shaky hand pull the curtain back. No blood...

With a shaky sigh of relief I turn the hot water on, and step in. The water on my already damp skin isn't soothing, it honestly makes me colder. Although, the feeling of soap, and washing my hair is like heaven. Walking across the country on foot will make someone appreciate the bare essentials.

So... There's a demon out there, right outside that door.

He's a demon... But not once has he tried to hurt me. He never tried to suck my soul or whatever demons do. So... What now? Do I bolt? Do I pray? Wait... Holy shit... Can't he read minds? A knocking sounds at the door, making me jump.

"Yes I can." He shouts through the door.

Oh... Indeed he can. I get out of the shower, and try my best to not think about my naked body as I cover it with a towel. Wait one damn minute, Chester pulled me out of the shower while I was wet and naked. How much did he see?

"Um... Enough to make me walk funny, but I don't think you noticed. I think you were to shocked from the whole demon thing." Chester says as I change into leggings and a white tshirt.

"Have you been out here the whole time?" I ask, opening the door.

"No. When you started thinking about me I wondered over to hear better." Chester admits.

"Can please not read my mind?" I ask.

"I can't really help it, or turn it off, it's like hearing with ears, you can't turn off your hearing." He explains.