In the Past

Giotto was walking down a smooth dirt path, his cape flowing behind him in the wind. Behind him was a large house, which would be the Vongola headquarters where he and the other Guardians were staying. Giotto was heading off to meet with Knuckle who has spotted trace of yet another odd creature. They weren't too sure what they were, and for now they had just been calling them "shadows." 

Quickly he shuffled along the path making his way towards the area where Knuckle said he would be waiting. 

"Hey, wait up!" A voice said in the Italian language. Giotto turned his head to the side to see G. running up to him.

"Don't think you're going out there alone." He said. Giotto nodded at the new accompaniment and continued on the path. A few seconds later, another set of footprints could be heard and Ugetsu matched his footsteps with the other two.

"I'm coming along to." He added and gave a smile to Giotto and G. Now there was a party of three heading over to Knuckle. 

"So there's another sighting, huh." G. muffled. "What do you think is causing this."

"Can't say." Giotto replied. 

"Maybe they aren't as bad as what we're making them out to be." Ugetsu added. 

G. glared at him, still walking along, and said,

"Based on what they've been doing recently, I wouldn't call them nice."

Ugetsu sighed and turned his head forward. He tried to be optimistic about the situations, being gloomy all the time wouldn't be too great.

"First we should just get to Knuckle, maybe the shadow is still there." Giotto said and quickened his pace. These occurrences were getting troublesome, for the Vongola family along with the others. 

"If only there could be some clue as to what these are, some help would be nice." He thought to himself.

They were continuing on normally when G. turned towards Giotto with a confused expression. Giotto noticed this and asked,

"What's wrong, G."

"Your ring." He replied and looked down at his hand. Giotto lifted up his hand and looked at the ring, to notice that it was beginning to glow.

"Hmm?" He mumbled. 

"Giotto?" Ugetsu asked. The three of them had stopped moving and stared at the glowing ring. It was the first time they had seen something like that before. 

"What do you think it means?" G. mummbled softly. As he said that, his ring began to glow and he lifted it to his face to get a better look.

"Yours too, G.?" Ugetsu asked. Soon after his ring began glowing as well. They all looked at their rings without knowing what to do. Then, the three rings began to glow with a brighter light. A small pillar of light shot out from the rings and landed in front of the three of them. A wind began to blow around them and the three of them shielded their faces from the wind. There was a flash of light and the sound of something falling, then the wind settled down, the light faded, and their rings returned to normal.

"What just happened?" G. asked and uncovered his face and looked towards Giotto and Ugestu. The two of them seemed to be fine, and he redirected his attention to where the light used to be. Now, there were three kids lying on the ground. He heard them mumbling as they got up. They began speaking in Japanese and G. turned to Giotto.

"What is a group of kids doing here?" Ugetsu asked. G. shrugged, but Giotto remained watching the group of kids. He recognized their Japanese language and thought for a bit.