Chapter 9

Stiles POV

The gun shot rattled my bones. A sick feeling spread from my gut to my throat and I had to use everything in me to keep myself from not getting sick.

"Stiles..." The words fall from Donavan's mouth as he sinks to the ground, the bullet hole in his chest leaking with blood causing me to shudder. His eyes lock with mine and I could see all the hatred and disgust in them as he finally slumped to the ground.

"I didn't kill her." The words were no higher than a whisper as I dropped the gun and ran over to Doanvan's dying body. Quickly I tired to cover the bullet hole but I knew it was pointless.

I should've aimed for the leg

It chants in the mind as I listen to Donavan making a gurgling noise as he spits up the blood caught in his throat

"Kille-r" The words were the last thing to tumble out of Donavan's mouth as he went limp. His eyes turning glassy.

He's dead

He's dead

He's dead

I killed him

I killed him

"Stiles, we need to get going." I hear Malia's urgent voice from behind me as she picks me up from Donavan's side.

My hands stained with his blood.

~~~

Malia managed to find us a motel, and brought me up to our room. I was still in shock, my bloodied hands stuffed in my jeans pocket. I had zoned out the entire way here, Malia didn't say anything on the way there though. She knew I needed silence.

But by the time she closed the door to our room she turned to face me. "Stiles, talk to me please."

"He's dead." Were the only thing I managed and Malia nodded her head as she leaned down to sit infront of me.

"But we would've been dead." She whispered, gently bring me into her arms. I could feel my body shutter at the sight of Donavan falling to the ground. "You saved me." Malia finishes as she gently rubs my arm and brings me to the sink to wash my blood covered hands.

But I could never wash off the blood that stained my hands.

Four people, I have killed four people.

Maybe the first three I didn't remember, but Donavan was choice. I knew what I was doing and I still pulled the trigger.

I watch as the red tinted water flushes down the drain. My thoughts with it as I feel my eyes droop slightly. I staggered and Malia kept me up right.

"Come on Stiles, lets get some rest." She whispered as she brought me to the bed that I tumbled onto. Malia came up from behind and became the big spoon for the night, I felt her nuzzle her face into my neck.

"Sleep Stiles, we'll deal with this in the morning." She mumbles before she drifts off. But before I could, I felt one more thought enter my mind.

Who's going to find the body.

~~~

Scott's POV

Donavan's body was found in  an alleyway with a gun in hand. Suicide was my first thought when I had stumbled onto the body, but the gun I found beside the body told me otherwise.

There was two, one was Donavan's. The others, Stiles, I knew his gun since I gave it to him, it was the last thing I gave to him before leaving him to live a normal life.

I missed him.

I didn't want to turn him in, but Kira had already figured everything out. She threatened to kill him, and I couldn't let someone kill my best friend. So I helped her, I tried to fake out I killed someone. And Stiles, being the loyal best friend he was, came running, completely forgetting about his life. His only concern was me

And now he thinks I betrayed him.

I knew he had a loose door handle on his jeep, in fact I was with him the first time I saw him break it. I trusted that he would remember, so I choose to hand cuff him there. It was my only chance of getting him away safely and myself out of the polices eye.

The cost was loosing him for good.

But I would try my hardest to cover his tracks, because even the sly fox makes mistakes. Unfortunately, this seemed to be a slightly bigger issue than I had hoped. The only thing I could do before the police showed was grab Stiles' gun and disappear. Hoping the police passed it off as suicide.

Silently I disappeared into the shadow my mind running with what Stiles had taught me. Be smart, trust no one, listen closely, attack if left with no other option, don't get caught. Simple words he told me, that I would cling onto me for dear life. Stiles was smart, book and street smart now and I didn't have a doubt in my mind he had managed to get himself away from polices eye. But he was starting to stumble, loosing his famous concentration.

It was the girl. He was so distracted with her, making sure she was safe. For one I had never seen Stiles look at someone the way he had looked at Malia. I couldn't tell if I was glad Stiles has found love, or dreading it because it just may be the death of him.

~~~

Stiles' POV

Thoughts of death taunted my mind that night. Images of bodies collapsing onto the ground, my mothers screaming pitching through my dream.

But Malia seemed to be having a worse sleep, her eyebrows furrowed in fear and her bottom lip trembled.

"I didn't- I swea- no no not me." She gasped withering around as I gently brought her tighter in my grasp. Trying to wake her but she only fell deeper into her dream.

"MOM NO I DIDN'T I CAN'T- I DON'T REMEMBER BELIEVE ME PLEASE." She screamed, tears streaming down her face at a steady pace.

"MALIA! Baby, wake up." I yelled and her eyes snapped open. She seemed dazed for a second as she stumbled from my arms.

"Sti- Stiles?" She whimpered and I nodded my head before motioning for her to come back into my embrace.

"Oh I killed them Stiles, I don't even get how but I did. I killed them." She cried holding onto me desperately. I only nodded my head and kissed her
forehead gently.

"You're not a killer Mal, I promise you that." I whispered, my voice shaking slightly.

When I was about to settle back into bed, deciding the best thing to do was sleep. A loud knock on the door jointed me up. Quickly I got up from underneath Malia and made my way slowly to the door. I glanced up to the peek hole to see a very familiar face.

Scott.

Author Note - Ma I wrote this while I was babysitting so bam, good things those kids slept well because I was so frustrated with this chapter xD anyways hope you guys enjoyed!