- Love is a Distraction -

Noah was in his seat, when he heard a voice near the counter call, "Emma!" He raised an eyebrow.
So Emma was here. He cursed under his breath, packed up his stuff, and made a run for the door, when he ran into the scent of cinnamon, and fell flat on the floor, face up. He sat up, rubbing his elbows, and looked up at the girl who had made him crash on the floor, most likely on purpose.
She was on her knees, picking up his book, when she looked at him, and asked, "What page were you..." She was cut off by him asking "Why did you block me?!"
Emma frowned. "You stole my book." She said, in a straight tone. Noah raised an eyebrow, and looked into her eyes. Hazel, he thought to himself, close to getting lost in them. Emma, on the other hand, was close to slapping him.
Instead, She stood up, offered her hand, and asked, "Hey, why're you here?"
Noah, wanting to spend some time with her, when he originally wanted to get away from her, said, "I'll spill, if you spend an hour with me." Emma raised an eyebrow.
She wasn't desperate, but it was better than taking selfies with Kitty.
They sat down across from each other, and Noah signed. "I came here cause I wanted to get away from the others, you?"
Emma thought for a moment. "Kitty's selfies were driving mad!" She said, laughing.
Noah smiled at the sound, and said, "Cool! You and her are sisters, right?"
Emma raised an eyebrow. "Isn't it obvious?!"
Noah shrugged. "Some people mistake me and Cody for cousins, or even brothers, and we're not!"
Emma shrugged. She had seen Noah on TV before, and to be frank, she used to have a small crush on him. She never thought that she'd get to meet him. Of course, that was before she had dated that guy, got her heart broken, and vowed never to fall in love again.
Why should she fall in love again? Love was one of those things that she hated, it made people weak. If you fell for the wrong kind of person, bad things could happen. Why in the world should she fall in love again?
What if he breaks her heart?
What if she messes the relationship up?
What if he finds another girl?
What if she -
"Emma?" "Emma?!" Noah said, waving his hand in front of her face, bringing her back into reality.
Emma blushed, and said, "Sorry, I zoned out there for a minute, didn't I?"
Noah nodded, and said, "So, we're you looking for this?" He asked, holding up his book, "Artemis Fowl."