Bellward: Finding you

When Edward leaves Bella in the forest, this is what should've happened.

Edwards POV:

I ran away from my love. Leaving my heart and soul behind. I could hear her continuously calling my name.

No.

I'm not going back. Leaning against a tree, I sobbed. Listening to her cries.

"Edward please," She barely whispered. "I love you. Please don't do this to me. I-I can't live without you."

I felt a stab in my chest. I gripped the tree so hard the my hand made a dent.

Run, Edward. For fuck sake, run away.

"No.. this isn't happening." Bella feel to her knees. "Edward, if you think leaving..will erase you from my memory.. you are wrong. If you think I want the normal human life, you are wrong again. I don't want to grow old, have children, and then die, if I can't do it with you." Bella then became angry.

"You know, this is really ridiculous. This is selfish and stupid. With all the times you have told me you loved me, you expect me for all that to change in the blink of an eye?" Bella stood up and began walking again.

At this point, I am sitting against the tree, listening to her rambles, my feet refusing to move. Is she right? Is this silly? Of course, she knows I love her.

"Edward, there is no life for me, if you aren't in it."

I stood up after that statement. What is she saying? She is going to kill herself? Bella can't really be that dense, can she?

"Oh, Edward please come back." She started to cry again.

I had to think about what this means. If I leave, will she be safe? I mean, Victoria and Laurent are still out there and I need to find them. Bella has that wolf friend, and those always mean trouble. But, if I stay, she would be in just as much danger.

"Please, don't leave me.. unprotected." She sobbed.

Unprotected.

She is right. If I leave, who will keep her safe?

Oh god. I truly am an idiot. I can't leave.

"Bella." I called, I was about 500 feet away, but I am sure she can hear me.

"Edward? Oh please, tell me I am not hearing things."

Alice has probably seen my decision, she probably knew this would happen anyways.

I was in front of Bella in two seconds. She looked up at me through her long lashes. I put my hand out for her to grab to use to stand up.

"Love.. you are right." I pulled her in my arms.

She pulled away quickly, and began punching and smacking my chest.

"Y-You tried to leave me! You promised! You told me you would never leave me! You stupid, stupid vampire! You told me you didn't want me! A-And you just come back and expect me to be okay!" Bella cried as her punches slowly stopped as she broke down in sobs.

"I thought I being away from you, would let you live the life you would have if I never came in the picture. My brother almost killed you. You are so fragile, Bella. The thought of you dying, crushes me. I can't imagine my love dying."  I held her hands against my chest.

"And Victoria? You thought she would just go away? You told me back in Phoenix you wouldn't leave. How could you do that to me? If me being fragile is such a big deal, then why don't you make me like you. I can't live without you, Edward. I love you." One last tear fell down her cheek.

"I was wrong. Bella, I love you. You are my life. You are always right, Bella. I will change you, after graduation. Under one condition.." I kissed her cheek.

"I will do anything to spend the rest of forever with you."

"Marry me, Bella."

Bella's heart fluttered.

"E-Edward.. I-I.."

Edward cut her off by pulling her in and pressing his lips to hers. He placed a hand on her waist and pulled her closer. She deepened the kiss by wrapping her arms around his neck.
The kiss broke only when Bella was gasping for breath.

"Y-Yes. Edward, I will marry you."

Edward broke out in a wide grin, then brought his lips back to hers.

October 17th, 2018