Chapter 4 - Hospitals

/Here's your next chapter and yes they finally meet... well sort of.. //

Jack's sin filled Sunday was over, it was Monday morning and he felt sick. His stomach growled but not in anticipation of food, it was from the deathly amount of sugar he had inhaled over the weekend. You would think as a medic in training he would have some self-control over the amount of unhealthy foods he eats, but no, Jack had no control over his chocolate urges. Much like a teenager going through a break up Jack found comfort, in fatty foods and crappy chick flicks. Unfortunately Jack never learned and continue to make these mistakes most free weekends. Which although was rare, always went the same way, meaning Jack ended up going to work ill. Just as he began to think about all he had eaten and how little he had moved his phone vibrated, an alarm tone began to play, 7:00 flashed up on the screen, up before his alarm, again. He made a deep sigh and began to shift his feet around In the bed, stretching himself before finally swinging his legs out of the covers into the cold air outside of his home made burrito bed.

He swiped his alarm off and yawned, time to get ready, he walked over to the miniature kitchen in his flat and reached into one of the many cupboards, producing a packet of his favourite cereal, lucky charms. Always the sweet tooth. Slumping over to the fridge he pulled out the pint of milk and checked the date to make sure it was still edible. It was one day over. Eh it'll do, Jack thought as he poured it with his cereal. Today he had more medical preparation for his exam on the Friday, it was going to be a long Monday. The amount of effort he would have to gather up to get himself out the flat was enough to send him back to sleep. Yet he knew what he had to do, ignoring his ever growing pile of dirty dishes he placed the bowl on the side of the counter and wandered back over to his room.

He found some Jeans, that smelt acceptable to wear in public, on the floor and began to pull them onto his lanky legs, they slid on, although the tightest size, they still had wrinkles from where they were too big for him. The rips in the knees emphasised this as they hung down from his knees. He found a blue t-shirt with some random writing on it. He ran his hand through his hair, pulling up little tuffs to make it seem ever growing, looked at himself quickly in the mirror before stumbling over a mound of books to his desk. Just in the corner of his room the desk stood with piles of papers and books on It. Blue tack marked the walls from where his previous study notes had been. It was all a mess now, 2 months back into studying and the amount of work he had received was ridiculous.

Still he piled the necessary books for the day into his rucksack and threw it over his shoulder. Taking one last swift look in the mirror before grabbing his hoodie off the end of the bed and walking back through to his front door. On the kitchen side stood a packet of biscuits left over from the weekend, he grabbed them as he walked past and put them awkwardly inside his bag. The key still in the door he unlocked it and pulled it out whilst his other hand unbolted the rest. It's now 7:30 and he needed to be there by eight, enough time to walk to the centre. The flight of stairs was much easier to defeat going down, so Jack had nothing to dread except work itself. Before walking out the door he slid on his open laced converse and swiftly leapt out the door locking it and taking the stairs two at a time, in case his creepy neighbour appeared once again. He pulled out his headphones to see a tangled mess, Urgh.

Once he reached the bottom of the stairs his headphones where released and placed into his ears. He clicked a playlist labelled 'autumn' and it began to play, his favourite songs for walking. As he walked along the road he saw the café and decided he could really do with a coffee and to say good morning to North. Luckily when Jack walked to work, which was only in autumn and winter, the café was opening, meaning he had the fresh coffee and it was always free. He pushed open the door pulling out his earphones a little bell rang to announce his arrival. "Anyone home?" He hollered in a cheery tone.