Chapter 8 - A quick stop

"Well then we can drop you off!" Astrid was still not comfortable with Jack and wanted him out. Since the perfect opportunity had arisen she was going to take it. Jack still wanted to stay, he didn't want to go back to his daily life, the medic scene was boring him and he would had to explain to everyone what happened! The attention was the last thing he wanted.

" So is there a café here or not? Because I really want some lemon cake now" Horrendous seemed unfazed by the fact that this was Jacks hometown.

"Yeah, it's called vondage or something" Of course it was the café Jack worked in, couldn't have been any of the others.

"Is it possible we could go to another one?" Jacks timid voice peaked as he tried to redirect the duo of criminals to anywhere other than where he worked. Especially if they were planning not to pay.

"What now?" Astrid was impatient with Jacks demands, if you could call them that.

"Well, I sort of... work there and I rather we don't cause any trouble" Jack looked at the floor of the car as he spoke.

"Who says we'll cause any trouble? No we can't I want some Lemon cake and I do have money, then maybe we can go back to your place" Horrendous clearly had the final say on the matter, whilst being stern he flirted with Jack, it was plain obvious. Jack was just ignorant and confused to not see it, however it did soften the blow of having no choice in the matter. Still scared and intimidated by the situation Jack didn't make a sound and accepted his fate. "I can smell the cake now" Horrendous waved his hands in the air, as if sniffing a fake aroma and laughed a throaty laugh. Astrid grinned, she loved his stupid jokes really.

"God imagine if this is where we get caught, you, with a half-eaten slice of lemon cake in front of you, think of the headlines" Jacks anxiety flared up again imagining the scenario of Astrid's thoughts, the café being raided, causing destruction and mayhem, all because of him. Their laughter died off, as did Jacks thoughts, they drove closer to their destination with only the music stopping the silence between them. Pulling into the town Horrendous shifted his lap so his feet were crossed on the seat and he was facing Jack giving him his full attention. It made Jack uncomfortable, more than he already was, "So! Where do you live snowflake?" Horrendous played with Jack in a humerous tone, a smile crept onto Jacks lips as he turned his head at Horrendous, looking at him, through his hair he saw his green eyes burning with curiosity.

"Urm, well it's about three lefts from now and then turn right down a side lane and there's a block of flats, I live in there"

"Sounds... comfortable" Horrendous searched for the right word, obviously unhappy with Jacks living arrangements. Jack suddenly felt a wave of pride over his living space, he liked his flat, his little sanctuary.

"Well it's better than living off the street and stealing money off people!" Jack surprised himself with what just came out of his mouth. It was involuntary! Shit. Horrendous looked expectantly taken back. His mouth hung open with shock.

"Bunny got bite! Damn didn't mean to offend you snowflake, I'd like to see your pad, in fact Astrid you can drop us off there after some cake" Horrendous steered the tension & anger straight out of the car window, just like Jacks pale exterior. A glowing red had set afoot onto his face and was not leaving anytime soon. Accepting his new nickname of snowflake, Jack swallowed and hung his head down.

"Well I'll leave you two to that, but first cake, we're almost there so no flirting shit until I'm on a different table." There was irritation in Astrid's voice but also humour, she pulled around the corner before pulling the car slowly into the carpark and parking carefully. Not how jack had expected at all, quite normal in fact, he really couldn't work her out. As the crew climbed out of the car Hiccup straightened himself out and tried to act as normal as a post patient could. "Toothless, common!" The dog jumped out of the car and beside Horrendous tail wagging and eyes focused on his owner.