Chapter 6 - A Slight Kidnapping

/All I can say is sorry, life got in the way/

"Horrendous? Horrendous!" Astrid flew over to the bed as quickly as Stormfly, his eyes began to flutter open and he groaned as he shuffled. "Careful, careful" Astrid cooed.

"I should fetch a doctor" Jacks tiny voice poked up again, all heads turned towards him. Astrid's glare shoved his confidence back, "I.. um.. I need to report his status."

"Like hell you do! You, stay in that chair, Toothless! Guard!" Astrid commanded making it clear who was in charge at this point. Suddenly Toothless stood from his sitting and polite petting position and his tale went stiff, his nose pointed and teeth slightly bared. It was almost as if the creature didn't want to be warning Jack. However, he obeyed and stood on guard of Jack making sure he didn't move an inch. Jack was scared, unsure of what to do in the situation, he was a simple intern trying to learn, he didn't want to get involved in any illegal doings.

Horrendous began to sit up on his elbows, slowly he shook his hair and adjusted his eyes to the light, it was then the pain struck him and he fell back onto the bed, it was limited because of the morphine but it was still bad. His bandages were tied expertly but the first thing he looked for was toothless. He drooped his hand down the side of the bed and gave a faint whistle. Immediately the dog dropped all sense of guarding and ran straight over to his friend and intently licked his palm. This seemed to perk horrendous up and as Jack relaxed into his chair he looked toward the bed. Horrendous sat straight up and winced slightly at the pain before looking towards the small boy sagging in the chair directly opposite him.

"Who the fuck is that?" He pointed his chin toward Jack whilst never breaking eye contact.

"not important, come on we've got to get out of here, NOW" Astrid began pulling him out of bed, shirtless she handed him his blooded Jacket. After he was climbing out of bed slowly she peaked around the blue curtain and saw no one yet heard in the distance slight heels, it could be that bitchy nurse again. She couldn't risk it, Horrendous was too slow. She turned sharply and narrowed her view to Jack, who seemed to be observing Horrendous, he was putting on his jacket over his bare skin... observing or drooling?

"You. Where's the nearest fire exit?" Jack shot a quick glance at Astrid before registering what she had just asked.

"Err.. To the left corner as you come out of this room." Astrid peered out of the curtain and looked too her left to see a glowing green sign, at least he was truthful. Horrendous staggered over to Jack and looked down on him. Jack swallowed, anxiety welled up in his chest, something painful was about to happen he could feel it. For some reason Jack felt slightly aroused by the tension in the room between him and this gorgeous rugged patient.

"Did you fix me up?" Horrendous's rough voice seemed to make Jack unbelievably nervous.

"Err.. Not, not on my self, I mean own, not on my own." Horrendous placed a unstable hand on Jacks shoulder.

"Well thanks anyway" He seemed a bit drugged up and unaware of what urgency his friend was in. "Soo Astrid, babe, where's the Deed at? Went through a looooot of trouble getting that!" he almost fell walking towards her.

"Horrendous, shut up , you idiot now he knows!" Astrid continued to Glare at Jack as if he was the notorious Deed thief. Yes Jack knew exactly what they had done now, with the continuous news reporting ,how could anyone miss it. He began to stare with his mouth open as he came to the sudden realisation that these two had pulled off one of the biggest crimes of the decade, and the reason he was shot and why they were trying to escape so quickly.

"You're... You're the thief's!!" Jack almost screeched, could his day get any more interesting he wondered, whilst watching Astrid put Horrendous's arm over her shoulder. The curtain was pulled back and Astrid removed Horrendous and all animals from the 'room' and headed towards the exit. Horrendous pushed off Astrid like a 3 year old who didn't want to be held and began to move on his own and head towards the door stumbling but mainly stable, Astrid allowed him to go on his own/ She turned to see Jack beginning to get up out of his chair, she knew exactly what he was going to do. She had to take him with them. As Toothless and Stormfly headed out the room Astrid reached back and grabbed Jack by his skinny bicep and pulled him towards the exit, the sound of his shoes dragging along the floor could be heard three corridors down. Jack stumbled backwards and fell into Astrid, she didn't miss a beat as she dragged him out of the already open exit door. He went to open his mouth to shout for help but no sound came out. What was he supposed to do? As Astrid closed the door, leaving no clues Jack turned and attempted to push her off him. "Get Off me!!" He demanded.