Discovery.

Chapter 1
They walked together down the corridor in black suits.
It was Bens first time doing a heist, but he knew that he'd be protected by his big brother Joseph.
He had been doing it for years now being unseen and now that Ben was of age it was time for him to begin.
"Get over over here, and stop playing that stupid game." He whispered.
"Come on bro' I got this." He said.
Joseph hit Ben on the shoulder.
"Dude whisper. Your gonna get us caught."
"Okay." He whispered as he rubbed his arm.
Joseph pulled out a blue print of the bank, and showed it to Ben.
"So you'll follow me here to this silver room, and after we get there you'll go left and I'll go right.. Got it?"
"Yeah." He answered.
They did as planed. Joseph steeped into the room first and helped Ben get inside.
As Ben got into the room her tripped and nearly fell through the floor boards, but Joseph caught him.
"Okay now that we're here you go left, and disable the cameras. After your done you got to the exit and wait for me."
Ben nodded his head.
Joseph held out his hand and counted down from 5 to 1. As soon as his hand went to 1 they shot in separate directions.
Joseph took the money and cast the rest of the building on fire as Ben disabled all the cameras except for Josephs. He watched as Joseph poured gasoline onto everything on the left side of the room to destroy evidence.
Everything was working fine, but as Joseph set the room on fire something went wrong. It started to spread around him, and he couldn't stop it. He was surrounded. He made countless efforts to escape it be he couldn't move.
Ben ran towards the entrance to get him, but it was surrounded with fire.
"Joseph!!!!!" Yelled Ben
There was no reply. Joseph was now trapped. There was no way he could get him.
In fear Ben ran into the fire, and the walls caved in.

Ben woke with a start.
He had, had this dream many nights before, but this time it felt real. Like he had done it over and over again every time, like he relived it. But the worst thing about it is that it had actually happened. Or he thought it did.
Something about the boy in the dream seemed familiar. Like that portion of his mind was erased. He tried to think far back but it always felt impossible.
Everything before the age of 12 was pretty much a blur to him. His mom never spoke of his past, and his father was usually silent.
He walked in front of his mirror and examined his face.
"Your getting old." He said to himself.
He shook his head and walked toward his door.
"Ben!" He heard from downstairs.
"Coming!" He yelled
As he walked downstairs, his mom approached him with open arms and a smile that stretched from ear to ear.
"There's my big boy." She said still smiling.
Ben shook his head and smirked.
"Your still calling me your boy?"
"You'll always be my boy. No matter if your 20 or 40, that will never change." She squeezed his cheeks,"Aren't you happy?"
"For what?" He asked.
She let go of his cheeks and walked towards the kitchen table.
"Your big day!"
"What?"
"Surely you haven't forgotten."
Ben still wasn't sure of what she was trying to get across.
"Your birthday!"
Ben had completely forgotten. He hadn't known, until he was caught off guard with a birthday cake, and 18 licks from his dad.
He stood stiff, in thought.
"Mom do you think I have long term memory loss?" He asked.
"Your just probably overwhelmed." She explained. "Now go get dressed for school, so you can come eat breakfast."

Chapter 2
After Ben had eaten breakfast his dad had driven him to school. But due to his dad's bad eyesight Ben was still stuck in the car with him.
"Your a man now." He said smirking, "And with getting older comes, great responsibility."
"I know. I'm pretty you've told me this before." Ben mad his best effort to escape the speech, his father said every holiday the he could remember.
"Oh alright." He pulled up in front of the school, and unlocked the door to let Ben out. "Have a nice day son."
He opened the door, but hesitated to get out.
"You too, dad."
He stepped onto the trash infested concrete and closed the door behind him.

As he walked towards the front gate of the school his best friend Arnold ran up to him.
"Dude Happy Birthday!" He held a small box in his had.
"Thanks bro." He smiled.
"I got for this for you. No homo. But its a bracelet." He handed him the box.
"You kinda spoiled the surprise, but thanks dude." He took the box and fist bumped Arnold with his free hand.
They continued walking into the school and for the first time in Bens years of Ronoke High he felt special.
Many people gave him high fives and fist bumps as he walk to his locker.