seventeen

After Zayn removed his helmet and placed it by the back of the bike, he locked eyes with me, and I simply stared back.

I stared as Zayn's lean, and slightly hunched body moved from his parked motorcycle towards us.

Had he noticed our kiss? It happened so quickly, and he appeared so suddenly that maybe he did see it? I was pretty scared if he had, mostly because I knew Zayn and Louis didn't like each other, and I certainly did not want a fight starting on my driveway. Maybe I was being too shallow and Zayn didn't even care about seeing us kissing.

Yeah, that seemed like a more reasonable fact.

Except, I didn't really know what Zayn and I "were", or if he had any physical attraction towards me. He did try to kiss me once, but I just figured it was an impulse. I did consider us friends, yet I wasn't even that certain about that either.

It was very confusing, nonetheless.

Then, within a single second, my mind shifted from wondering how Zayn and I stood together, to how utterly angry I should be.

I straightened up, crossed my arms across my chest and gave him the biggest scowl I could muster.

"You son of a bitch," I blurted, just as he was a couple of feet away from Louis and I.

"Sam, let me explain," he pleaded. Well good, he knew exactly why I wanted to smash his face into a brick wall. Okay, that sounded way less harsh before thinking it. It was more like; I wanted to dump a very cold milkshake on top of his perfectly shiny hair.

"Explain what Zayn, the fact that you left me alone in a freaking forest miles away from the city with no source of communication or transportation, or maybe that I had to walk fifteen miles home? Fifteen fucking miles, Malik. FIFTEEN!" I was pretty much screaming. We were also nearly four feet apart, yet it felt like I was just inches away from his face.

"He did what?" Louis spoke from behind me. I didn't turn around, but simply put my hand out as a signal to stop talking. Thankfully, Louis complied.

"Sam, I tried going back but I couldn't find you!" Zayn continued. He seemed unaware of Louis at that point.

"Oh is that right? Because I waited and waited, yet you never showed up!"

"I was there okay, it just took longer than expected, but I still didn't see you, I even stayed there for a while too hoping you'd come back until it started to rain. Do you have any idea how paranoid I've been?" He said calmly, yet I kept thinking that he was actually angry with himself, just not angry enough for my liking.

No one makes me do unnecessary amounts of exercise and gets away with it so easily.

No one.

"Oh, because it's so hard to wait there and leave with your motorcycle instead of walking for what seems like an eternity, while it's raining, and not to mention the blisters I'm getting as we speak," I replied back. I had been angry so many times before, especially when it came to Louis and my dad, but this was a new type of angry. I had barely met Zayn, and I really hoped we were friends, but friends didn't leave friends fifteen miles away from home in a freaking forest.

I was disappointedly angry?

I heard Louis chuckle behind me, which made me turn around and stare at him with a frown.

He stopped laughing, which mostly saved him from getting punched in the face by a very, very angry teenage girl.

"Look, I'm sorry alright? I shouldn't have left you, it was a stupid decision."