nineteen

Recap:

· Sam goes back to school after a couple days and after kissing Louis and having her grandparents visit.

· She's trying to understand what it all meant but also trying to avoid Louis and Zayn

· Mia wants to be her friend, she declines

· Zayn sits with her during lunch and persuades her to go visit Harry and Liam again    

The familiar house we visited before look exactly the same, apart from a brand new, black Mercedes Benz parked right in front of it. It was such a contrast compared to the run down exterior that it almost looked photoshopped.

As Zayn and I removed our helmets and stepped out of his bike, I heard him whisper a soft profanity under his breath. 

"What is it?" I questioned.

"Someone's here," he said, but his tone indicated he was not happy about the visitor.

"Who is it?"

"We should come back later," he replied, completely ignoring my question.

If anything, it only made me more curious to see who it was that had Zayn looking so perplexed and annoyed.

Luckily, before I could object to leaving and questioning him more, the front door opened and three people walked out. I half smiled at seeing Harry and Liam walking out in sweatpants and t-shirts with the sleeves cut off, but immediately my eyes wandered to the person whom I assumed owned the car and who had Zayn looking a bit... worried?

The mysterious guy was a little shorter than all three boys, with dark brown wavy hair that fell down to his eyebrows and handsome brown eyes, but his whole demeanor made him seem more intimidating than friendly, and I could imagine he was a couple years older too. Even Harry and Liam seemed to be acting monotone and bored as they talked to him instead of their usual happy self, which said a lot considering I had only just met them.

Once all three boys noticed Zayn and I, they stopped talking and stared. I stood still, wondering what was going on or if they had some secret power were they could talk to each other using their minds. The silence was unbearable, I wanted someone to say something, but it seemed like they were having a staring contest and they were all winning.

"Hi," I said, hoping it would break the silence. Well, it worked; they all stopped staring at each then, turning their attention to me. Except, there were now three pairs of eyes staring at me, and I didn't have anything else to say.

Luckily, the mysterious guy spoke instead. "Zayn, glad you're here, we were just about to text you."

"Yeah, well, you can just text me later, I have things to do with Harry and Liam," Zayn replied. Whatever the guy needed to say, Zayn didn't want me to hear it. He was very tense too, more than I had ever seen him be.

"Who's this?" The guy questioned, but before Zayn could say anything, he started walking towards us, and stopped once he was only a few feet away.

"I'm Nico," mysterious guy extended his hand towards me. I was hesitant to take it, but did it anyway. It was weird and awkward, and the whole time I was feeling wary about it, but only because I could tell Zayn, Harry and Liam were feeling the same.

"Sam," I said back, removing my hand from his grasp.

"Holy shit, you're the Sam?" Nico exclaimed. He seemed surprised, but amused at the same time.