Chapter 12

Warning-There may be some MILD swearing in this chapter. I hereby declare this chapter a PG-12.

In...out...

In...out...

In...out...

My breath catches in uneven gulps

In...out...

In...out...

In...out...

I'm dimly aware of unclear voices coming from a spot near me

In...out...

In...out...

I feel a sharp prick in my side. My vision and awareness comes back. I gasp as bright light floods into my eyes, blinding me temporarily. My head is swarming in waves of pain, and my ears cannot process the many sounds around me. I count seventeen raspy breaths from my lungs, before my senses return to normal. The bright turns out to be some sort of emergency lighting, which happens to be right above my head, glaring down on me. Just my luck. The sounds merge into a conversation, of which I can only hear parts of.

"...do you think the fall impacted her in anyways..."

"...-1138 she's barely injured. Worst case, she'll have a head ache and some bruising..."

"...but what about her child..."

"...look at her carefully you idiot, and tell me-DOES SHE FREAKING LOOK LIKE SHE'S PREGNANT?!"

It is that point that I blurt out a rather intelligent sounding "Whazzitakkinbabe?" and the troopers run over. Great. Now I speak like a gungan.

"Get her up." one of the troopers orders the other.

"But sir, she looks like she can barely sit up, let alone walk!" the other protests.

"Fine then, drag her over."

I groan slightly as I am dragged over to a spot by a tough set of arms. When I see Vader in front of me, I try to struggle free. "Asshole..." I mutter under my breath, knowing that Vader cannot hears it, but I still say it even so.

If Vader hears my comment aimed at him, he shows no sign of it. Instead, he just casually speaks inside my head.

"Well Amidala, that was rather rude."

"What the-oh my force ARE YOU SPEAKING INSIDE MY HEAD?"

"Yes."

"WELL THEN GET THE FORCE OUT!!!"

"No."

"WHY?"

"Because you will not talk verbally to me."

"FINE I'LL TALK TO YOU JUST GET OUTTA MY HEAD!"

"As you wish."

I'm aware of Vader's presence withdrawing from my head. When I look at him, he doesn't seem to have moved. I give him a look as if to say, what are you playing at? He doesn't respond to it. Was it even real? Instead, he simply says "He lied..."

"Um, who lied?" I ask, pulling out the famous political tactic-annoy your enemy until they tell you everything.

"Be quiet."

My mouth drops open. Vader can speak inside my head. Oh joy. Vader turns to the stormtrooper "Take the others to the holding cells. " He orders "They will be tried as fit for insurgents."