Chapter 16

I stand there, frozen with...what? Fear? Disbelief? No, I am not afraid of dying. And I would be foolish to believe that this meeting's outcome would turn out otherwise. Yet, I am a bit, I don't know, disappointed, perhaps. And annoyed. Seriously, I came back from the dead just to get killed by this git? Great use of effort.
I sigh. What does Padme Amidala Skywalker do to stay alive. Stall, and talk. Mainly talk. So I intend to do just that. "Good luck." I retort to Palpatine.

Palpatine chuckles "My dear Padme, I believe it is you who will be needing the luck."
He points his hand at me.

Light.

Pain.

Screaming.

I slump weakly against my bonds. Pain is still coursing through my veins, and I can't even tell if he's stopped or not yet.

"I'd say you'd need the luck..."

Palpatine's voice taunts me through the force.

"Focus, Padme. Use the force to heal you. Wake up. WAKE UP!"

I gasp, pain flaring through my ribs from being pressed against the hard floor. My breath comes out in sharp, ragged, uneven breaths. Wait... how am I lying on the floor? At the edge of my blurred vision, I can make out my wrists, completely shackle free. I slowly push myself up onto my feet, slightly shaky, staring my tormentor in the eye. "No, I'm positive you'll need the luck." I retort back cockily. I reach out with the force, summon his lightsaber to my hand igniting it, before slashing at the spot where he stands. Except the lightsaber slashes through...nothing. I barely have time to turn around before another torrent of lightning smashes me to the ground. An audible crack and even more pain indicates I've probably broken my ribs.

I feel the heat of a lightsaber press into my neck. "Now Amidala, you are beaten."

"NO!" a deep voice yells-not my own.

I don't even have time to turn around before an unseen force punches me metres backwards, where I land on my back. I barely get a glimpse of a dark figure racing towards Palpatine, rage emitting off him, before a loud explosion shakes the building. The ceiling comes caving in, dust and debris obscuring my vision. When the smog finally clears, I can see that the ceiling has piled up into a heap of rubble, forming a barricade between me and Palpatine.I sigh in relief and shakily pull myself upright. I'm as safe as I could possibly be in this situation.

Then I look down.

And see the lightsaber impaled in my chest.

A/N: Excuse me while I go and hide in a bunker from he angry mob that is my readers. I'M SORRY OK!!!!!! But, on a happier note-thanks so much for 3k! *sees angry mob consisting of 3000 people coming over the hill* Oh poop. *runs off screaming*

...