Chapter 5

The five talked on and on about babies. Mostly Erza, Lucy and Wendy while Natsu and Gray pouted, Natsu's lower face wrapped in his scale-patterned scarf until Happy flew over to Natsu and Lucy crying with a red slash on his cheek.

"Carla rejected me again! And I even gave her salmon today!"

Natsu muttered, "Sorry Happy but a more important thing came up."

"Like what? Do you know why you're sick, Lucy? Oh no are you gonna die? Don't worry, I'll put roses on your casket!" Happy promised with a paw on his heart.

"I'm not dying! I'm just pregnant..." Lucy yelped loudly the first part of her words but they got more slurred to the end. Why was she so uncomfortable saying she was pregnant?

Happy stared at the couple. "Pregnant?"

Natsu nodded, staying silent.

Happy pondered for a moment before starting to dance in the air around them while singing.

"You're having a baby! You're having a baby! You're having a baby! You're having a-!" Happy was interrupted when his wings disappeared and he fell face first on the ground.

Lucy smirked, "Karma, cat."

But her grin faded when she heard Natsu's jumbled word's in her ear.

"Can we go home?"

Why was he being so silent? He hasn't shown any sign of happiness or any other emotion than boredom. Did he not want the baby?

Lucy worried in her thoughts but nodded. She said goodbye to her friends and Happy, for he wanted to stay and try and hang out more with Carla.

The couple walked out of the guild side by side and back to the house. Natsu hadn't spoken a word since they left and that just made Lucy more nervous.

Lucy offered going out for dinner. Food always seemed to make Natsu happy but instead he just nodded and followed her into a small restaurant.

They ate quietly and shared a dessert, which Natsu barely let Lucy do so she took it as a good sign.

They paid the bill and walked out and to home, Natsu still having the silent treatment.

Lucy shakily unlocked the door, no doubt Natsu say her shaky hand, and walked inside.

Natsu closed the door and instantly hugged Lucy so tightly Lucy thought he would lift her off the ground as well.

"We're gonna have a baby, Luce!" She heard his happy voice exclaim in her ear.

Lucy smiled in relief and wrapped her arms around the Salamander's waist.

"Yes we are." She leaned back and gave him a kiss.

Natsu only pulled back and picked her up bridal style.

"Alright, time for bed, missy!" He exclaimed as he climbed up the stairs, wife in arms.

Lucy started to protest. "Natsu, it's only 6:00!"

Natsu stopped at the top. "It is? Way too late for you!"

Natsu kicked their bedroom door open and walked into their walk-in closet changing Lucy himself out of her skirt and tank top into pastel green pajama shorts and an over sized t-shirt. (Causing Lucy to blush)

Natsu picked her up when he was done and laid her down on the bed as she continued to try and talk to him.

The pink haired wizard sat next to her, pushing her down to a laying position every time she sat up and took her pigtails out.

"Natsu, I'm fine! Stop babying me!" Lucy squealed when he laid her down for the 9th time.

"Well you have a baby in you so it's reasonable." Natsu replied before kicking his sandals and vest off.

Lucy stared at his bare chest and toned six pack before looking away and crossed her arms, continuing her pouting.

Natsu fell down on top of her but scooted down so that his head rested on Lucy's flat stomach, wrapping his arms around her waist.

Lucy just sighed and rested her hand on his head, curling fingers through his pink tufts.

"Are you gonna baby me for the next 9 months?" Lucy complained.

Natsu nodded, closing his eyes. "Both of you."